Whats a good stud size for a simulator map?

Im going to make a simulator map for a game that im planning on making it into a game soon
I was wondering what would be a good size for the map to be… thankyou for your feedback

2 Likes

If i’m going to be completely honest i would make it pretty large so that play time can be increased. Please don’t ask me how large ‘pretty large’ is :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Simulator games on Roblox usually has more than one big map as the player progresses through the game.

1 Like

The type of simulator you are making may vary your map size. If you’re going to make a simulator with lots of movement involved, make large maps. If you’re going to make a simulator with little movement involved, make relatively small maps. You do not have to comply to the statements i listed above, or you can, and adjust the map sizes to your liking.

Let your imagination go wild. :+1:

Good luck.

2 Likes

Anything 500x500+ is a great size for a simulator map, anything over 1000x1000 is probably overkill unless it’s filled with stuff left and right.

4 Likes

This is all based on what you have and what you’re inputting. Let’s say that you’re making a zombie killing simulator, you’d definitely want a larger map. It all varies on what you invision. You should adjust sizing when making new parts of the map, or adding more to the game itself. Having a super large map, but not many assets makes the game looks lonely, but having a super large map and not many things inputted, it makes the game look lonely or empty.

Well, I would say a 500x500 like @EnDarke said would be a good size, you could make it a 1000x1000 but include a lot of things, have like different parts where people can go after getting a minimum amount of things, I think that simulators that have that type of system can succeed more, like Bubblegum Simulator (I don’t remember the name of the game since last time I played it was a year ago) or some game like that, that’s just what I think though!

Good day mate!

2 Likes

This is a very interesting question, I’d definitely go for a smaller map with more details, to keep it kinda "cute". However, in this case, you should pick whatever fits your eye the best! I suggest reading this post as it will help you get a better understanding and will hopefully help you out with deciding.