Whats going on?!

Well it did, haha. So it’s timed but when it appears seems completely random because it appeared 2 minutes after I made the edit to my reply to Dev_Peashie. I’m going to completely wipe my plugins and restart studio with a fresh file and see if it reappears.

Try using the [2.5K SALES!] GameGuard Anti Virus V2 [ALPHA] plugin to find and remove the virus(es) for your game.

2 Likes

For anyone wondering I did in fact delete ALL of my plugins and so far it hasn’t appeared again, will edit this post if it does.

1 Like

It could’ve been anyone of my plugins that injected that virus. I don’t know which one it was but I deleted all my plugins and it hasn’t come back yet so I think I’m in the green.

1 Like

It was probably the Tree Generator since it was made by the same dev as the one Frostbite called malicious. You can trust stravant, XAXA, AlreadyPro, Den_S, and people like that. Lots of trustworthy plugins will also have posts in #resources too.

5 Likes

Interesting. I guess I’ll avoid installing plugins from the plugins catalog then. I’ll check for an alternative to generate trees. I’m not good at modeling them or making them in Studio.

Thanks for your help, everyone! :smiley:

1 Like

This is definitely the product of a malicious plugin.

You’ve probably already done this, but you should search through all of your plugins and delete/disable the plugins made by unknown developers. I usually do even not install plugins that are made by developers with less than 1000 followers.

After that, search through all of your scripts and delete the ones that seem malicious. You can do this by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + F then search for keywords such as:

getfenv()
require()
string.reverse()
loadstring()
--and more

Like @rogchamp said, it was probably the “Load Catalog Items” and “Tree Generator” plugins since those are plugins made by a group called “[DeveloperX”] which is extremely suspicious.

1 Like

I’ll remember to avoid that group then. My plugins are all deleted and I will not be installing anymore unless they are from the developer forum AND trustworthy, or fit the criteria you mentioned avoid plugins made by developers with less than 1000 followers.

2 Likes

Hey! There’s a website that shows original plugins that are safe and that need to be verified. I’ll send it here!

I am a little random developer and have like 1000+ followers but 250+ botted followers (possibly more) because of scam bots, all the other followers are my friends and just some random people.