Whats the difference from Remote Events and Bindable Events, and when should I use them in a script?

I have a notepad containing everything I want to learn about scripting so I can expand my scripting knowledge slowly but surely.

I learned about Remote Events and how I can use them to fire events, but I haven’t really learned about Bindable Events, and Im a bit confused on how they work and what’s the difference between them and Remotes.

I also want to know, in what cases should I use these “difference” events, and why.

BindableEvents are used to communicate with Scripts of the same type as the one called.
For example, if I fire a RemoteEvent from the Client, who receives the Call is the Server, if I do this with the Server, the Client specified who receives the Call is the Client

With the BindableEvent, if I call through the Client just another script of the same type as the one that gave “Fire”, which in this case is the Client, it can receive the Call, if I give Fire through the Client, the Client receives it, if I fire through the server only who receives is the Server.
Better example:
Lines with X is why they can’t communicate.

BindableEvent
Client -----X---- Server
Client ----------- Client
Server -----X---- Client
Server ----------- Server
Remote Event
Client --------- Server
Client ------X----- Client
Server --------- Client
Server ------X---- Server

I hope it made you understand.

10 Likes

Bindable Event:

ServerScript/Server > ServerScript/Server
LocalScript/Client > LocalScript/Client

Remote Event:

ServerScript/Server > LocalScript/Client
LocalScript/Client > ServerScript/Server

1 Like

Do you have any examples where I can use them in a script?

1 Like

RemoteEvent is almost the same thing, you pass parameters and it executes, but remember the Rule, RemoteEvent is of different types and BindableEvent are of equal types only.

1 Like

Could you also explain how this works?

for i = Timer, 0, -1 do
end

Because I’ve never seen 3 parts in a for loop, and Im also not sure how it works.

You can read about: Loops (roblox.com)
Well, it’s not complicated.

1 Like

for i = Timer, 0, -1 do
end

i – is equal to the index so number

0 – is the end Goal

-1 – is by how much it should subtract

So it just counts down from 30 until it hits the end goal which is zero

Hope that helps :slight_smile: