Whats this new ignored content update?

So, a few days ago, I saw an “ignored content” thing on someone’s post on the forums. Im not sure if it is truly an “update” or something thats been around for a while now.

It’s probably because you ignored the person who posted that, you can change that by setting it back to Normal on their profile:

6 Likes

Woah, thats actually a pretty cool new feature, why was there not an announcement about this given how commonly its requested?

1 Like

Ignoring has always been a feature, but it’s only available to Regulars.

It being available to higher TL users is a Discourse thing.

Works similar to a block but it isn’t.

1 Like

This should be available to all users of the DevForums. If someone was trying to scam me or bully me or whatever, flag their posts and use the ignored feature- why the hell is this not available for lower ranks?!

No need to get aggressive; I didn’t make Discourse so I don’t know why you are asking me.

1 Like

I wasn’t directing it at you, I was just wondering this in general and you were talking about how it was only available to Regulars+ - I believe it shouldn’t be this way. I know you didn’t make Discourse and there’s not really much we can do about it which is annoying.

Then you should just support an existing feature request that wants < TL2 users to be able to use it as well on discourse meta, or make your own thread if one doesn’t exist. Ignoring users isn’t too special of a feature anyway as it is made out to be.

Ignoring users is kind of like a block on discord. You don’t see their content (but you’re going to want to know what they posted out of curiosity anyway, which defeats the purpose) nor get their notifications, although difference is they still can message you. If someone is worth ignoring then they are surely worth flagging.

1 Like