When touching a part... how to make a ScreenGui "pop up" then disappear after 1 second?

I couldnt get code you gave me to work with a server script.

1 Like

Yeah, Imma try this instead. Using cloning as I should say

I got it to work with remote events but dont want anyway of someone screwing with my game

Thank you everyone for the help. I have a been only scripting for a month now so I learned a lot from this post haha

In case you wanted to avoid remotes and fix your code you can:
-place it in playergui(as localscript)
-change where is says “if Player” to “if Player and Player == game.Players.LocalPlayer”
And it should work, in case it doesn’t tell me and also try to avoid what luke is saying.

1 Like

aw ok :frowning: i can give you another code that will 95% work, theres a tiny chance it doesnt but i can give it if you want me to

1 Like

Just saying thats quite rude and you are quite ignorant. If anything im helping him more than you.

1 Like

Don’t want to be rude but on top of all source I provided you still don’t even want to think that it’s different of what you think. Let’s say your theory is correct that means deleting gui on client would still leave it on server as it doesn’t replicate, you just have to think to figure out it makes zero to no sense.

1 Like

Why does that not make sense? I find it reasonable that it doesnt replicate in server, no?

1 Like

Also if my theory is correct what i did in my game is needed, i need to access other players PlayerGui’s, wich you cannot do from clientside.

1 Like

In case one source was not enough:

1 Like

So according to what you told me, this script should not work correct:

for i,p in pairs(game.Players:FindFirstChild(target).PlayerGui.Binder:GetChildren()) do

since it is in a server script and is accessing the PlayerGui

1 Like

My apologies if i am incorrect :frowning: I couldnt understand fully but what i understood was what im doing in my game wich does work, i must have misunderstood, have a nice day tho.

1 Like

It won’t and it should’t work.

1 Like

Yup, code works now. Thank you.

1 Like

Heres a simple way

–Local Script–

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
game.StarterGui.ScreenGui.Enabled = true
wait(1)
game.StarterGui.ScreenGui.Enabled = false

2 Likes

You cannott use a local script inside workspace, Local scripts are only for the local player/client and does not affect anything else. And also changing the gui’s in StarterGui would not change it for the player since the StarterGui are the gui’s you start with, you would have to access the PlayerGui.

1 Like