Where do I start when making a Projectile?

Hello developers! I am currently trying to create a projectile, like a Fire Ball, or a Bullet. I was getting ready and prepped when I realized one small problem. I have no clue where to start! I don’t even know what to look up in the Documentations. I don’t really know if this is the correct category, but I think this one matched the question the most.

Roblox has really good documentation for ray casting ill try my best to explain Raycasting | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub so basically from a part it fires a invisible lazer and if anything touches its path it triggers an even. So lets say you shoot your gun and the ray hits a wall you can have the position of the lazer put a bullet damage decal or if it hits a player spray Ketchup where it hits and do X damage.

3 Likes

Alright. Thanks so much. I am going to look into this.

If you need I can create a mock up and show you the steps

1 Like

Would you mind doing that? That would help a tun!

Okay so you want to know how to make a raycast gun here are the steps

1. make or import a gun model

ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᶦᵗˢ ᵇᵃᵈ ᶦᵐ ᵃ ˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᵃʳᵗᶦˢᵗ
  2. Add a part inside the handle and name it Handle (This is so the tool knows where to put your hand. Also, add a small part to the end of your gun to make a Muzle name it that aswell here is what I have so far

The red is the muzzle the blue is the handle

3.put all the parts of the gun in a tool

4.Add 2 scripts to the gun a local and a server scripts name the local script Player and the serverscript Server

1. add weld constrains to your model add as many ass it take but if it has a lot just use a script but if its okay move on

2. add a remote event and call it PewPew then move all of it to StarterPack this is what you should be left with
    leftw
    Now for the fun part open up the local script and type in

then in the server script

then thats it ! go ahead and test heres how mine went

Sorry If this seemed rushed with little explanation I had to rush this after doing chore and before I left for work hope this helped you

4 Likes

Thanks so much! This will help a tun!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.