Where/How Did You Learn How To Make a Grid Placement System (If You Did)?

Note: I am NOT asking you to make an entire working system for me, so don’t tell me that that’s not what the forum is for because I already know.

I would really like to learn how to make a grid placement system for my game, kind of like this:

The problem is, I don’t know how. I’ve searched online many times for “how to make a grid placement system”, but nothing ever shows up. If you learned from an online tutorial (or anything that would help me), then please provide a link so that I can finally know how to put one in my game.

Thanks. :smile:

2 Likes

Use

This is mainly what you will need, now you gotta do some calculating and maybe even making a table with if the block you wanna place is filled or not/this can be achieved by naming parts the GridPosition as well.

To answer how to I learned how to make these systems, I pretty much just spent lots of time working on learning them. It took a while, but asking questions on the dev form can really help.

Here are some resources that may be of use to you:
(As suggested by @DecodedMint)

Creating A Furniture Placement System

I am making a series on this topic. It’s not finished but yeah.

7 Likes

SInce some developers are still refering this for learning grid placement system, I made a tutorial, which is easier to understand, check it here

2 Likes