Which game icon do I use?

Hey, I’m not sure which game icon to use. They are both the exact same but the red in the background is more bold on one of them.

Just think, which one would you click on as opposed to the other one?

The first one -

The second one -

Put over random games on the discover page, they look like this

I’m not a professional at all and I made it in a rush so this is more than likely only temporary, but I still can’t decide.

4 Likes

2nd one for sure. Bright, colorful, you can tell what the game is about, and has a playful type vibe.

3 Likes

First one. The second is too bright

I see we have mixed opinions about this post in the comments!

I suggest the first one, in the 2nd the lightning is way too bright and distracts the viewer from the main focus (which is the dominus figure). Of course, this is just my personal preference and it’s completely up to you to decide.

First. Its a definite yes. However, I think the game name would be better if it had a sword behind the part that says sword.

• Sword behind “Sword”
  • No sword behind “Sword”

0 voters

The second one, the second one is bright and pops out.

1 Like

there is almost no difference, you just added fire

A really really good looking thumbnail, though I still see people making the same mistake, including “NEW” or something similar.

You just shouldn’t do it, the icon(s) and thumbnail(s) should include the necessary information such as updates or versions.

Though you shouldn’t shove words all around the image, do keep in mind the size of these icons like in your example on the games page.

3 Likes

Actually, no. There’s 4 layers. The background, effects behind the character, the character, and the logo. The effects behind the character are less transparent.

1 Like

First one, it looks less bright.

but it’s very hard to see maybe hard for me to see I don’t know

The second one is a bight bright, but certintly eye cetching. However the first is nicer on the eyes but not as flashy. Also, These look amazing!

1 Like

The first one because the second one is too bright, Idk why but I avoid bright thumbnails and effects when I play roblox games because they are usually anime fighting games which I personally don’t like.

I’d personally go with the first one over the second as the second image’s brighter background I feel distracts just a bit too much from the character itself, whereas for the first image it’s much easier to put all your focus onto the character and text being shown due to the lessened amount of visible background activity

reminds me of every single developer making this mistake

2 Likes