Why are touch events and animations sometimes so inaccurate

Capture24
As you can see in this photo my right leg is touching the ball and its suppose to then print hi in the output but if i show you the output nothing comes through. It only seems to print hi when im running into the ball and the animation is playing, But when im this close to the ball and standing still it doesnt print anything any help would be appreciated!

Touched event in general is inaccurate and weird. Use a different method to detect touch.

Touched doesn’t really detect stuff when both the object with the Touched event connected and the object that’s touching the first are standing still.

Either way in an actual game, it wouldn’t matter too much to have to run to constantly activate the touch, since you wouldn’t stop right next to a ball expecting for it to move.

.Touched(), generally, is the worst method of hit detection, as it only triggers when a part begins touching it, not if a part already is when the event is connected. You might use it for a group of landmines for example, but if you need precision then it’s not going to cut it.

I have more details on hit detection in a guide I wrote, but I’d reccomend just using magnitude hitboxes for simplicity.