Why can't I create a ragdoll rig on R15 when the character spawns?

My guess is that the issues are having to do with your character model itself? Not entirely sure. Try taking all accessories off your character including 3D mesh body parts.
It works fine for me, using the same place download you provided.
Video

1 Like

My suggestions:
Set Players.CharacterAutoLoads to false, making it to where roblox will not spawn nor respawn characters.
In PlayerAdded function:
connect to character added function
local hum = char:WaitForChild(“Humanoid”)
hum.BreakJointsOnDeath = false
hum.Died:Wait() – waits until character dies
disable Motor6D
enable ragdoll joins
wait(3)
Player.Character = nil
Player:LoadCharacter()
end)
Player:LoadCharacter() – to load initially

1 Like

This is what I did

1 Like

dont use this >
Workaround:
in a ServerScriptService Script:
put the functions that are in charge of ragdolling, waiting, and then unragdolling in _G table.

example:

_G.RagdollChar(Char, TimeFinished)
  -- ragdoll Char
  wait(TimeFinished)
  -- unragdoll
end

dont use this ^

Another thing, I’ve been having trouble with cloning the character because for some reason Roblox is setting the Character model’s Archivable boolean to false. Set that to true and then clone.

Actually I feel stupid for saying the _G.RagdollChar thing. That won’t work because it’s still running in the same thread as the script who is calling it.

Instead maybe create a BindableEvent or BindableFunction that you can fire so a different script that won’t stop because a player leaves can pick up on it and will run the ragdoll code.

1 Like

This works! Thank you so much for this idea, this saves me so much grief.

I haven’t needed to make the players walkspeed or jumpheight 0 yet. I’m assuming you do this to prevent the character from breaking through the ragdoll and unragdolling?

Outside of that, I’m already doing all of this… the issue is that the ragdoll won’t create itself when the character spawns with an R15 RigType. Any ideas of how to counteract that?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.