Why cant i make a car?

I got bored while making a game, so I decided to make a car for the fun of it. I was about to start building, but I noticed that I couldn’t find hinge under the surface menu, I was like “whatevs” and decided to go through properties instead, but I still couldn’t make the hinge. I found and looked through the create joints menu, BUT HINGE WASN’T WORKING. I’m so confused, its been a couple of years since I made a car so I don’t know if ROBLOX changed something, or im just rusty. I just want to know how to make a car.

2 Likes

Maybe check this out? Not 100% sure though:

1 Like

It said in that announcement that the changes would not affect hinge.

yeah…Roblox kinda removed it. However, you can use the Roblox f3x plugin finished the work.

1 Like

Hi. It is highly adviced to use CylindricalConstraint and/or HingeConstraint objects instead.

In this developer hub article you can find and excellent tutorial on how to make a vehicle (even with suspension!).

2 Likes

Hi. It is highly adviced to use CylindricalConstraint and/or HingeConstraint objects instead.
In this developer hub article you can find and excellent tutorial on how to make a vehicle (even with suspension!).

If I could mark this as the solution I would. You should certainly use Constraints instead, and follow the linked tutorial for more help. Constraints are inserted via the Model tab, in the Constraints section, from the Create drop-down.

That being said, the old surface hinges are certainly still accessible in the Properties of a part under the Surface section. They will only connect and create a Rotate joint if you have Join Surfaces enabled, found next to the Move tools.

1 Like