Why can't TL1 reply on platform bugs anymore?

I’m in shock.
I wanted to add something to a bug report, until I saw this horrific thing:

It makes 0 sense at all for me. Because we don’t have post approval, we can’t contribute to ANY platform feedback topic AT ALL.
People in replies may have some obvious answers, but let me disagree with them:

• “It’s because of answers like “happens to me too plz fix!””: flags exist
  • “It’s because of insane amounts of flags and staff can’t keep up”: why would they open discussion then?

I can’t think of anything else.

A very small number of TL1 members were posting posts along the lines of “can reproduce”/“issue affects me too” and ruined it for everyone else.

Edit: It seems like this was a recent change, as this perfectly fine post by a Member was made 5 minutes before this topic. That or it isn’t all bug categories, just studio bugs.

4 Likes

To add on, at the extreme end, major bug reports, particularly those in #platform-feedback itself, get bogged with tons of nothingburger replies.

Take this thread:

It’s like with announcements, where users will just simply say “same here” and move on. Just scroll through and see the replies.

Nonetheless, this is unexpected and was not announced. Regardless of what staff did, they weren’t very transparent with their decisions.

2 Likes

That makes two of us. If this was an intentional change (and isn’t a bug), I wasn’t informed.

4 Likes

If I had a nickel every time I’ve wanted to post a bug report - or add repro instructions to a bug report that had none - I would be a rich, rich man.

I can 100% understand why the change was put into place but it does cast out a decent portion of quality contributors, especially given that it (at least appears to be) tedious to progress through TL1 → TL2.

I believe it was mentioned in the post that announced the removal of PA that the replacement would be ready and implemented by the beginning of September, so this is turning from a bit of a nuisance to a real annoyance.

1 Like

Flags exist for that reason. I already adressed this version in the first post.

Flags are not scalable in cases like this, you can’t expect for categories to be opened and expect community to just flag everything that breaks rules. It isn’t scalable for community nor developer engagement team.

It’s not like only members do that. If you posting a bug report, why do others need to reply. It should just be between OP and Roblox Staff. If replies brings confirmation then why would it be blocked for TL1 users?

If you’re facing a bug, the majority of replies are just confirmation…

I expect replies are kept open for people who might have additional information to provide about the bug report.

Example: “The bug can also be reproduced via [alternative list of steps]”

4 Likes

Please note that to become a regular you had to go through the post-approval process and make a good post. The point of regular is that you’re a qualified individual who knows what they’re saying within the platform feedback category.

Regular is essentially proof that you can contribute quality content to a bug report or platform feedback. This is the main point of being a regular, to have access to those categories.

Replies that have both confirmation and expand on the given topic should be allowed. Regulars are proven to have made such comments and therefore have the ability to continue doing so.

Whereas members haven’t been qualified to post contributing content, regulars have.

Now that ranking up isn’t possible due to the post-approval process being removed, though, I’m not too sure how members who should be qualified can be qualified.

Would love some transparency on this.

3 Likes

I opened up the first 3 posts I saw in Engine Bugs and in all of them I could find at least 1 person replying with some sort of useful information.

Where are you getting this “barely” from?

3 Likes

I have 5 bug reports running around in studio and probably would never get fixed :sad:
Now i can’t make anything because another bug came (not being able to move, rotate and scale parts).
I don’t know what to do now.

I don’t think I need to explain any further. If you’re choosing to ignore how that consistently happens then I can’t really help you. Doesn’t mean that no-one provides useful information, but aforementioned reasons provided before are valid.

If so, why would they open discussion?
Even if those two are different cases, I don’t think they would make every member suffer because of those who break the rules.

I’m a TL-1 and can still post in the thread you linked:

Edit: Yep only #platform-feedback:studio-bugs seem to be affected

1 Like

Me being unable to post in #studio-bugs is really depressing for me, as I’ve just lost 2 months of scripting progress from a studio bug.
Roblox support are, well… superficial, at best. They’ve barely helped me out, and I can state with absolute resolve that this is not an issue on my part. PMing Roblox staff didn’t do anything as they haven’t replied - only the Roblox support have tried to “help” by spamming half-automated replies, with a different person replying each time I send a reply.

This is really annoying, as our studio has pushed a huge amount of progress in the past two months - I’ve just come out of my huge burnout that I’ve been suffering with for a year, and getting thrown like this does not help out at all. I’m sadly considering leaving Roblox dev again :confused:

Looks like someone made a small mistake here when last configuring Platform Feedback categories. I’ve reinstated permission for TL1 to reply on Studio Bugs. Other bug report categories weren’t affected it seems. Thanks for the heads-up!

10 Likes

Are you also aware that users cannot post topics there?
I’ve been coming across a few (unposted) bugs that need to be reported, but I can’t post.
In addition, if we can’t post there, how do we rank up?

You don’t, you will need to wait for devrel to implement the replacement.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t make changes outside of this one for now, only made this change since it was obvious that it wasn’t intended. I’m just doing engineering work on DevForum every now and then. For community-management-related asks, you’d have to check with our DevRel team.

5 Likes