Why does memory increase?

memory

after joining my game, i did not touch anythign at all, after about 2 minutes, the memory jumps by 80, from 320 to around 400, why?

Seems to be more problems, here.

Is there anything that happens after around 2 minutes of playing? Mass importing maps or anything?

not at all, but i think this isnt a problem, i joined other games like bloxburg and the same is happening

Now that is weird. Is it happening in a very empty baseplate? Might be your CPU going harder, or a bug :thinking:

1 Like

I get on average 3000 MB on a baseplate.

Maybe memory leakage (see Garbage Collection and Memory Leaks in Roblox - What you should know - #3 by OverEngineeredCode)?

Also, connection handling errors might cause (slight) memory leakage: PSA: Connections can memory leak Instances!. You can prevent this by using a Maid or Janitor class.

The same thing has been happening to me just this month, though I’m not sure if the conditions of our games are identical

After 1-2 minutes of idle time in studio or in-game, I’ll get anywhere between a 100-200mb spike in memory, driving my game’s memory usage from mid-350’s into the 500’s.

It also happens in another one of my games with zero scripts running

I tried reporting this issue a few days ago to @Bug-Support but no response yet :L