Why I Stream Development & You Should Too!

I am going to start streaming development, when I get my new room and setup.
I have been wanting to stream the development of the SCP site I’m working on, but I can’t due to it not being released and would be releasing leaks.

However I think I will start rather shortly. Since we plan to release next week if possible, so then I should be good to start streaming the development process.

1 Like

I agree 100%! I get hate comments about my nose all the time, and I just find it funny!! In all seriousness, a loose schedule is good. I stream everyday but some days I miss it because I’m busy, and my chat gets it.

And you don’t have to impress people. As a viewer of mine, you know I make very dumb mistakes sometimes that definitely aren’t impressing anyone…

Looking forward to checking them out! If you need help setting things up more just lmk!

1 Like

I love the idea of streaming, your streams, and this little guide!

However, I find it hard to stream as an shy person/ introvert. Got any tips for getting into streaming as one? Or should I first focus on being more extroverted?

1 Like

I do this often and I encourage people to come watch our streams, it’s like learning how to do things in roblox studio without having to make a whole video or wait for one to be made. I make videos as well and it’s more time consuming than just hopping on OBS and streaming me making games.

I’m going to take advantage of this post and also share my content B)
My Twitch

You can find me as unitedstates11 on twitch and I start streams usually at 7PM or 8PM EST. I stream me developing two games. It’d be awesome to see some new faces!

2 Likes

I think that putting yourself out there in your streams will help you in the real world. I think if you’re feeling shy, try and start off with friends watching your streams. Talk to people you feel comfortable and slowly you will begin to feel more relaxed about it. It’s hard not to feel nervous but at the end of the day it just takes time.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to pop in a stream!

That’s epic, thanks! B)

I’ll also check out yours!

1 Like

I’ve been debating if I want to try streaming on twitch and this just boosted my confidence, good job on this!

1 Like

Thank you!

I hope to see your streams! I’d go for it, even though it might make you nervous. Let me know if you have any specific questions about getting started.

1 Like

Thanks! I already have a channel with 417 subscribers on YouTube, but never really did any streaming on roblox developing before lol.

1 Like

This is a big one for me, I guess I could just stream building so people can’t see my scripts (primarily exploiters that I am worried about) but it would be annoying.

1 Like

I think this is an overexaggerated fear.

1. People are not going to have the patience to steal your code
  2. Programming securely will not change whether or not they exploit it

Do not worry about people stealing your code to make their own game, that’s just not going to happen. Don’t worry about exploiters either, they won’t do that and if they try, just make sure your systems are secure.

I program everything that doesn’t use some auth key for httpservice publically and have never had to worry about that.

1 Like

SLOBS is slightly easier to stream with and has a lot of upgrades OBS doesn’t have

SLOBS has an easier entrance floor but OBS has a significantly higher customization ceiling. SLOBS is good for newer streamers definitely, but lacks the greater customization found in OBS. I can’t use my plugins in SLOBS and I like to customize things pretty in depth.

Slobs does have a lot of stuff integrated so you can do it with one click but true

Yes, like I said the floor of entry is great on slobs. It’s easy for beginners to use. But as someone who prefers streamelements for alert mp4 support and needs plugins, I prefer the ceiling of OBS. The tradeoff you get for easy setup is a limited set of customization tools since slobs pushes its proprietary and costly tools.

It sounds like a good idea, however there is a risk in programming allowing script kiddies to make exploits for your game.

Unless the game is not a passion project, streaming development as a programmer would not be such a bad idea.

1 Like

I disagree. People are vastly overestimating the type of power here. If you program a game securely as it should be, you don’t need to worry about that. If you’re scared of programming a shop because of script kiddies, the issue is in your shop code, not the script kiddy. Furthermore, few people, if any, will take that much time to look at it. I program all of my games on stream and have had 40,000 unique viewers come to my stream over the past year, none of which have ever done so. No one will steal your game, and no one will dissect your code to exploit it. Just program securely. Obviously for significantly larger games that don’t want to show their frameworks, it’s a different story. Those developers are often under NDA however.

4 Likes

This is so true and is the main reason why I started streaming my game development. Good article! Keep it up. :ok_hand: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like