Why is Animation Editor doing this?

Roblox keeps crashing when I use animation editor,

Why is it doing this, It crashed after a like around 30 seconds, it wont let me select the Model and play the animation

1 Like

Animation editor can be buggy with how complex it is. Try restarting the editor, then the game. If it still doesn’t work, it’s a Roblox issue. Maybe reinstall studio entirely.

I think it is a roblox bug, hopefully it will be fixed in a update, I have done everything.

@snorebear Do you have any idea where we can report these kinds of bugs? What team within Roblox works on the animation editor?

I’m asking because of a really bad bug which causes you to move sideways indefinitely while in the editor. The only way to fix it is to completely reopen studio, which can lead me to loose work.

I am not sure who you can report the bug directly to. However you can create a thread in the bulletin board about the bug and ask a lead_top_contributor to move it to the correct bug reporting category. Here is a bit of information on how to use the post approval process: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-members-post-approval-process-101/252685

Okay, thanks. I might post a bug report once I confirm that the bug still exists (I literally just updated studio a few minutes ago).

See this thread for new updates. Since this is a newly released version of the animation editor you should expect bugs.

Please post in as much detail as you can regarding what’s going wrong, and the steps leading up to your issue happening so that it can be debugged.

cc @greywolf_sif

Also, incorrect category, general animating support threads should be in Design Support. If you’re reporting a bug post it in Studio Bugs.

1 Like

A bug report should be in the design support category?

@Driftyzzz This is quite concerning. Would you be able to provide me a list of steps that you take (starting from opening studio) or perhaps record a full video if you are able to reproduce this consistently?

No, if they’re a new member it should be in Bulletin Board, otherwise in Studio Bugs, I should’ve specified that general animation related threads go in #development-support:design-support. Fixed now.

Try enabling Team Create, the same problem occurred to me and when I enabled Team Create it got fixed.

For clarification, you were experiencing the exact same bug/crash as the original poster and it stopped happening after you turned on Team Create???

No, I got the same error for other things and they stoped after I enabled Team Create

@greywolf_sif I used to have this error, but in reverse. It never happened before I enabled team create, but then did when I enabled it.

However, I updated studio a few days ago and it doesn’t happen now. Could it have been fixed?

(sorry, I didn’t mean to reply)

Are you referring to not being able to select the rig or studio crashing? It seems these are separate issues, if something was fixed on the studio side to stop the crashing, I am not aware. The not being able to select the rig bug is still present but I am currently working on a fix.

The bug causing studio to crash seems to have been fixed. So, well done to you guys , I guess :grinning: