Why is my mesh being imported with Color?

I’m literally super confused, so I made a model in blender with NO MATERIALS I’ve looked literally everywhere and I have absolutely NO Textures at all and I can’t find a single texture that is yellow and yet ITS STILL IMPORTING YELLOWWWWWWWWWW AHHHHHHHHH!

I literally need assistance Im going to have a mental breakdown

As you can see IT DOESNT HAVE A FEWKINAG TEXTURE AND THE BASECOLOR IS GREYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Please dear god someone help me Im going to loose my marbles
I HAVE IMPORTED IT 7 FLIPPING TIMES!!!

1 Like

Alright, firstly, you have to relax. :no_mouth:

Did you maybe try to add a decal/texture to it with the color you want?

I plan on making it grey with roblox Metal so that wouldn’t exactly work

I’ve searched all over blender it has no linked Materials, Colors, Textures anything no modifiers active and its still importing yellow

2 Likes

When I export Parts and Unions to Blender they come up with the same Roblox colours, but when I bring them back to Roblox they turn out whatever Color and Material the MeshPart is that I’m creating them with.

Why not just import it to Roblox and then change it there? No worries.

If you look at the top of the home tab, you should see a “Color” and a “Material” editor.

Maybe you have the color as yellow on accident. Either that, or your import settings are wrong.

The brick color is gray, you can see it on the appearance settings.

I don’t really know what’s happening, but if I have trouble importing a model or something the best bet is to make another experience. Try importing it on a regular baseplate, then if the same thing happens it’s probably the model. If not, it probably has something to do with the map you have it on.

I feel like this might have to do with the lighting settings, I’m not 100% sure though. It looks like the ambience is affecting it, but it could be some other lighting effect too.

I don’t make meshes and don’t have your original file so I can’t explain the reason, but I exported your mesh and loaded it up in blender and found a material with a base color (even though your gif shows that there’s no material associated with your mesh originally).

I’m able to just delete it and reupload to achieve the results that you want, though. It’s not an ideal workaround but it worked for me. :man_shrugging:

The one on the right is the “fixed” version.

I found out the issue, I’m not sure if It was something I did when messing around with buttons but I had applied some Vertex Colors to the mesh which I presume Roblox took that data and applied it.

Just had to make sure everything under that section is cleared

2 Likes

Okay, just cause I found a really cool way to fix this with the new importer you can have it import without the Vertex Colors fixing the entire issue I had here.