Why is my server script acting client-sided?

Nevermind, I was on the wrong window. When I’m on one of the players screen, it works.

Both of them jumped on 2 player mode, server didn’t rotate

Okay so they both jumped on 2 player mode but they both didn’t rotate on 2 player mode?

Only the server didn’t rotate, the client worked fine

Yes because rotation/orientation doesn’t work on studio server mode (I think)
So what you’re telling me is that on both clients on 2 player mode the frogs jump and rotate meaning it works?

I just found out, on one of the clients, the rotations are incorrect. But on the other one, it works fine.

incorrect as in they still rotate but when they move, they sometimes move sideways

Can you show me a video of this happening and print the orientation everytime it changes

1 player, frogs go forward like they are suppost to
2 player, frogs sometimes go sideways on both clients
it was hard to get the output in the video

in the video, there are 2 frogs. if there is one frog, it works fine

Try using .Rotation instead of .Orientation

1 Like

@beatpeat is your model welded or motor6ds? Keep in mind editing . Orientation usually breaks the weld or Motor6ds, it’s recommended to edit the CFrame instead such as

CFrame = CFrame.fromOrientation(x,y,z)+frog.Position

XYZ is in radians conver tusing math.rad

I haven’t tested this out, I know that editing .Position breaks the weld or Motor6ds

2 Likes

math.random() does return a decimal value between 0 and 1 inclusively if called with 0 arguments.

2 Likes

That made a difference, Now in the server inside studio, the frogs turn. But when there are multiple frogs, the frogs sometimes don’t face the right way. Still, in game, the animations don’t play. Is it worth noting that every animation that I made inside my game doesn’t work?

It didn’t make a difference to my knowledge

I don’t think it’ll be a big problem when the players are playing the game, since players all play on the client side

1 Like

Thank you all guys, it’s all figured out now.
The animations were created by me, however the game was a group game so they didn’t load in.

1 Like