Why NPC Pathfinding stops at part with a PathfindingModifer and PassThrough , see's waypoint to go to

Hello,

Note my MAIN goal is to have a part that the NPC will go through, but a player cannot because either that part has cancollide set to true, or a smaller part inside of it has cancollide set to true.

The NPC stops at the part Door, which has a PathfindingModifer Label set to Door and the script Cost set to Door. It also has PassThrough set to true, which I thought allow it to go through a part with CanCollide = true.

Navigation turned on, does not have ‘blocked lines’, ie is clear.

If I delete the door before the Play, it goes to the way points fine.

When the door is there, and I look at Play, Test, Server, I see that it sees the other way point, but is stuck on the Door part.

CanCollide - Collision is true for the Door.

Server view in Play, shows that the NPC sees the waypoint (jump is off)

I have looked at the roblox documentation for setting up PathfindingModifiers, so do not need the link to it, (esp since it does not work)

Thanks for any ideas.

Setting pass though lets the pathfinding compute through a part, but it doesn’t make it so the NPC can walk through it if the part has CanCollide on

In the docs it says

"

PassThrough

bool

Read Parallel

Determines if the parts enclosed by the modifier are traversable, even if they would normally be collided with. See Character Pathfinding for details.

"

Does this not mean, that is SHOULD go through a part with cancolide on? per "even if they would normally be collided with. "

1 Like

I see this though

But I swear I have tested it with cancollide false and it does not work… I am going to try it again…

EDIT
If I turn cancollide to false, it is even worse, the path does not get fully computed… (And you can see that the navigation path lines, that are arced means in sees that it SHOULD be able to go through the green part…)

__
EDIT
I have also tried it in the scrip, with no cost , but that does not change things…

EDIT
if I delete the part when in Play, it then finishes the pathing and goes back and forth

Anyone have any thoughts? I am loosing my mind…

1 Like

well I guess all of this just allows a NPC to create a pathing through the green block, but not go through it… bummer…

although I do not get why when I have cancollide false, it is not going through it…

1 Like