Wind Shake: High performance wind effect for leaves and foliage

Yes, just set the object’s pivot point. Use the Edit Pivot button in the model ribbon.

4 Likes

I know this is low priority, but I wanted to let you know that the script that the uncopylocked game has is broken and doesn’t clear objects in voxels properly. Spent a few minutes before realizing that the code is different.

Did you figure out a fix for this?

Thanks for noticing. Updated the demo with the latest module.

Hello, I’m having issues with it moving around the pivotpoint.
In this picture v it literally moves sideways…
It ends up not moving around the pivotpoint but just its center.

It’s being like this for only this mesh. Every other mesh is fine.

1 Like

This is the second game I’ve implemented this module, and the second time I’ve had this issue. When I first implemented the module on Empire Clash, it has worked great, but at one point I was playing around with adding wind effects to our bushes in the game, and I ran into the issue below. I didn’t like the bushes moving anyways so I just disabled it, but now I’m having the same issue on a completely separate game. Its always the exact same instances, and changing the cframe or model hierarchy doesn’t fix it either. Weirdly enough, it works perfectly fine when I run the module on the server instead of the client, so maybe its a steaming issue? If anyone else has had this issue before, lmk. Besides this issue, this module has been fantastic to use!

Is there any way to have windshake not be jumpy when changing global wind directions? I’m trying to use it with a weather system that tweens the wind direction and speed to have gradual wind shifts, but when it is running the tween, anything using windshake shakes a lot and is not smooth. Example being tweening global wind speed from 1 to 5 causes the trees to shake more then wind speed 5.

I have a question, Does anyone know how to make a button that lets you Unable/Enable the script?

You misspelled “Disable” and put “Unable” and they both have different meanings

also you can use WindShake:Pause() to disable it and WindShake:Resume() to enable it when you press the button

1 Like

Do you have any ideas how the script inside the button will look if you disable/enable it inside the player? Im terrible at scripting…

Currently there’s no property to achieve this sooo I wouldn’t show you the code but I made an issue

@boatbomber I have made a feature request to add a property (I have linked it so you can see it unless you primarily check the github repo)

1 Like

Is this the script you can use in the button?

use .Running property for that

Im unable to get it when I put a . after the module require

u have to run/init the windshake or using .Active → (number)

It’s inconveinent to use numbers and I know I have to init the windshake but that property will do good

I’ve noticed that when I use this in my game it tends to enable shaking for a lot of meshparts but not all of them(to be fair I have thousands so it’s quite a lot). It still runs smoothly so I was assuming it’s just breaking, but is there some sort of limiter or anything I can change so all of them shake? I basically have nothing in the game aside from the trees and a few other things so the performance should be okay with them all moving right?

Hey, i’ve recently found out about this module and started experimenting with rigged stuff such as trees. I use the default settings (PLUGIN) on most of them but right now with the trees the default settings and only 1.5sps of windspeed seems like its a hurricane… But if i try to lower the wind speed / strength, it becomes way too slow and unreactive to the wind speeds.

So the issue is that i feel like the rigged / skinned meshes have a way smaller reaction to the wind speeds.

(Changed settings on left >< Default on right)

The results i would expect is nowhere near this when i turn the windspeed up to even 100sps

Would be really glad if i’d get to know if its an “bug” or just how skinned meshes work.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Why does everything move so weirdly in choppy steps. How do I change this? Its like moving, stopping for a second, moving again, stopping, moving. How do I make it so its constantly swaying in the wind

Latest update reacts to ‘workspace.GlobalWind’. You can try adjusting those values. I found the dynamic reaction to windspeed to be somewhat unreliable, so I don’t use it. I think it heavily depends on which assets you have.

If you modified anything in the script, try rebuilding from source to see if that fixes it.