Wondering how I'd go about script a Scythe/Weapon Without it being a tool

1. Basically I want my Scythe to be animated without a tool (Rotate without arm rotating with it) And I need it welded to the players torso

2. My Issue is trying to figure out how to weld my scythe to my player and play my idle animation.

3. I searched on Studio, asked for help on discord And searched through the Forum, but I couldn’t find anything to script a sword/scythe to weapon and not a gun. Here’s some screenshots of my code.image image

Here is where my scythe is. image

Weld Script :

local Scythe = script.Parent

local model = script.Parent.TrueHandle

local char = script.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild()
local weld = Instance.new("Motor6D", char.Torso)
    weld.Part0 = char.Torso
    weld.Part1 = model
    weld.C0 = weld.Part0.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(weld.Part1.CFrame)
    weld.Parent = weld.Part0

Animation Script:

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Humanoid = Player.Character:WaitForChild("Torso")

local Tool = script.Parent
local Animation = Instance.new('Animation')
Animation.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://5573531628'
local AnimationTrack = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Animation)

Tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
    AnimationTrack:Play()
end)

Tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
    AnimationTrack:Stop()
end)

I’m available almost any day at 4:30 PM

And I’d like to explain I tried it using the scythe as a tool. The animation played but the handle was locked to the players arm. So I have no Idea if it matters if it’s a tool or model.

Thanks for your time and bear with me as this is my first time on the devforum!

I forgot to say this is R6. So that’s why it’s Torso and not Upper/LowerTorso

This has been answered by someone already. Please read the post attached for more information.

2 Likes

I don’t recommend this one for OP’s specific case. The method written here only teaches you how to weld things to characters via the attachment setup, but it doesn’t contain any information on how to script an actual pseudotool. I think that thread and OP’s case are different. In addition, OP won’t be able to animate the tool without using Motor6Ds and will have to manually weld the tool to the arm.

(PS: Code piece for doing the above is here, instance type will need to be changed to Motor6D)

3 Likes

Thank you for your time, But how would you go about scripting this? This only shows how to attach something to a player, not how to script it and it doesn’t involve anything with Motor6D’s.

1 Like