Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

I added this “glowing” effect to the main lazers with a “BillboardGui”, does it look good??

4 Likes

It’s a little bit repetitive, but it’s not enough to bother me. If you don’t want to change that, it’s perfect the way it is!

2 Likes

Yes I also dont like the way the lazers are repetitive, but its easy I’ll just make another lazer texture.

2 Likes

in the reactor core start up the core’s cover will first close and then the lasers are going to turn on

7 Likes

“still working on the reactor core start up” the advancements for now:

15 Likes

I made up this “core start up announcement” (with some sounds from the toolbox) and then added to it some DistortionSoundEffect, EqualizerSoundEffect and ReverbSoundEffect
my question is does it sound good?

(edit: the intercom’s start and ending sounds are from “scp containment breach”)

9 Likes

reminds me of alvinblox’s old videos

yet its pretty good

2 Likes

Do you mind if I would help you? I would love add a few scripts such as details on the monitors.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your offer but I prefer working on the game alone (I’m sorry)

1 Like

I dont really like the core start up message so I thing that for now I’m going to use just a notification ui to announce the core start up.

1 Like

the walk animation looks slow compared to the speed… try reducing the speed of the person while walking to match the speed of the animation…

(also if you don’t know where to edit the speed it’s in Game Settings → World)

2 Likes

Thank you, and I think that I’m going to completely remake that animation

1 Like

It would be cool if you added like a moving part inside the laser(like the green thing inside the windows loading bar) the lasers look a bit stiff in the videos

1 Like

are you talking about the red neon parts in the lasers?

2 Likes

Yes I think but if not then I mean like make a red neon part that’s a little darker than the laser that will move from the start of the laser to the core so it looks like the lasers are actually doing something

1 Like

okay so you are talking about the laser beam, well I already have a moving effect for the laser beam it moves from the laser to the core

“I know that the laser beam texture looks very bad thats I why I’m going to make another one”

4 Likes

I’m not the best editor and I’m not sure if it’s visible but something like this is what I mean
IMG_20220308_001638

3 Likes

aaaaaaah, okay I just understood I’ll try to add something similar to the new laser texture that I’ll make :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

from looking at the pictures and videos, i have came up with a few ways to survive the meltdown or freeze down…

1. a secret bunker
  2. an aeroplane
  3. the lobby in the facility (if you add an anti-spawnkill system there)
2 Likes

hope fully this topic will help with your game design

i was looking for guide and i found this

its perfect

2 Likes