Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

I suggest you learn how to make layered clothing so it fits all body types and not just the man package. Best of luck. :+1:

2 Likes

No not for now, I don’t know if I should make the lights flash
“I think it would be better if the lights weren’t flashing”

2 Likes

I think not having flashing lights as some people may have really bad epilepsy and the flashing lights can cause them have seizures aka me I can’t have flashing lights at all even if it’s dark

I hope this helps you

Charlie

1 Like

I’m putting the rotating red lights for meltdowns

I’m also adding these security cameras:

7 Likes

Did you mean the rotating red lights are the alarms?

2 Likes

that looks insane omg you so talented!!!

2 Likes

No, they are here just for the lighting

2 Likes

These are amazing work your doing cannot wait to try it out when my pc isn’t shutting down on its own

2 Likes

Hi! Nice facility/core game.

I’m wondering how big you plan this map to be and how it really functions.

Will there be like working buttons to control the reactor?

And will there be power and malfunctions according to such incidents that will affect the entire atmosphere of gameplay.

Otherwise good start.

2 Likes

Hello,
-First in my plans the map will be vast it will have a “topside” part and an “underground” part, the underground part will be a more interesting part because it will be most of the facility it will have multiple sectors and also multiple departments (by “departments” I mean like:Security department,Biology department,medical department etc…)
and the most important will be the reactor operations that will be located in a part of “Sector C”

-there will be a lot of buttons to control the reactor (I’m trying to make the reactor control a bit complex so that the players will have to follow specific instructions to do what they want to do)

-as for malfunctions there will be such events that will require to fix something in the facility
and some events can affect the general atmosphere of gameplay

And also don’t forget that these are my future plans for the game so I won’t put every of these ideas in the “Alpha” version of the game that I’m currently working on, the alpha version will just showcase the reactor(startup/meltdown)
"I’ll work on everything else in future improvement "

4 Likes

that looks sick, a little suggestion just for detail you could make the red orb in the reactor grow and shrink just a bit to make it a more interesting since it is (i think) the main focus.

2 Likes

what red orb? didn’t you see the new reactor design?
there isn’t a red orb now but a cover
05ef1ecfca37fa8008e0e78330b9d9b78815f4c7_2_690x306

10 Likes

holy that looks way better, sorry for not reading it more.

2 Likes

That core looks awesome and you are getting this game together really well
I cannot wait to try it out when it’s completed
Congrats my man you are one true developer/maker of this game :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Just wanna say: This definitely will blow up :shock:

You are making this all by yourself, WITHOUT A TEAM. MASSIVE PROPS TO YOU FOR THAT.
:happy4:
(Again from a guy who followed this since the early times :happy3: )
I recommmend adding some easter eggs(in places where nothing important is happening and they’re not in the way.)

4 Likes

Id suggest possibly adding more pipes and stuff to the hallways or just something more. As the hallways are very bland, but nice work on this game so far

2 Likes

waitt is the core even there (the red orb thingy) because is the red thing in those pictures the core thhe core shield thingy?

2 Likes

I changed how the reactor looked like for it to be more realistic and unique “I find it much better than just a red orb”

2 Likes

so what is the red thing in the ‘Aftermath’ supposed to be?

2 Likes

Well, the radioactive waste that came out of the “cover” when the reactor exploded

1 Like