Workspace.RejectCharacterDeletions - Default Transition

We’ve just enabled an additional fix and are monitoring to make sure it’s working correctly before proceeding.

We recommend setting Workspace.RejectCharacterDeletions to Enabled for your experience manually instead of waiting for the default transition.

3 Likes

Yep this works now, thank you!

1 Like

Workspace.RejectCharacterDeletions Default is now set to be enabled.

If you run into any issues with this feature, please let us know in this thread.

9 Likes

I’m already seeing the effects of this, both me and my friends are quite satisified with this update to combat exploiting in the future. Thank you for the change!

One question though: Are there plans to completely remove the option to enable character deletions (similarly to the FilteringEnabled toggle), or will it remain a default/disable/enable toggle permanently? I feel some people would like knowing this! Thank you for any answer you can provide.

Yes, eventually we will remove the property entirely. We’re monitoring a few remaining experiences with the setting set to Disabled and will reach out to those developers for feedback before doing so.

4 Likes

This setting made coding a custom usernamd display easier! It’s a good thing exploiters can’t delete themselves, seems like a lot of a hassle to deal with.

This is definitely a good update, but definitely Do not force it down the line with no way to revert. Plenty of our old games still rely on this behavior and hunting down every :Destroy() function in the client scripts would be unfeasible especially considering the age of the games in question.

We are taking strides to change this in the future but right now it’s too much work and we’re not ready to take such a massive undertaking for yet another feature Roblox aims to remove altogether that was a long standing quirk that the majority of games had to deal with for better or worse.

I’m not against this update. Hell, I advocated it a while back, just keep the toggle there. If workspace.TouchesUsesCollisionGroups can exist then so can this 17 year old ‘feature’ exist too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.