World/stereo sounds appear to have broken since yesterday's update

Happens on all games, in-game and in Studio for me. Non-Roblox games are perfectly fine, I haven’t changed any settings or any properties in my games.
All world sounds are quiet (but there) compared to all local sounds, and some are completely inaudible unless you face it at a weird angle, making the stereo-weirdness you get when sounds are messed. I reset my speakers and played some other games on my desktop and they’re the same as always.

9 Likes

Hi, I am not able to reproduce this yet. Can you please point me to a particular location/action in a particular game that demonstrates the problem?

3 Likes

Well, it happens in every game and it was very noticeable in Arsenal for example, where I can’t hear the weapon sounds because their playback is in the world. There’s no errors being thrown in the log or missing assets, it’s just every game.

2 Likes

Thanks. I cannot reproduce in Arsenal either, on Windows. What platform are you on? Mac, Windows, Android, iOS?

1 Like

Are you using headphones or speakers? Is there any difference between the two?

2 Likes

I’m using speakers, I put it to default settings earlier to see if it fixed it. When I get home I’ll reinstall Roblox and see if it’s a hardware issue or if it fixes it

2 Likes

I just noticed this happening to me as well in the Zombies’ Onslaught, I could faintly hear world sounds (such as weapon sounds and ennemies’ sounds).

If that can help:

• I am running Windows 10 1903 (latest)
  • I am using speakers (with my PC’s built in sound chipset, no sound card or anything else)
  • sometimes I can’t even hear world sounds at all or they sound rather faint or distorted.
4 Likes

Windows 10 here too:/ it’s fine on my Mac

1 Like

PoptartNoahh, are you on 1903 as well?
And just to make sure, by “yesterday’s update” were you referring to Roblox update or Windows update?

1 Like

I guess he was referring to yesterday’s client update, to be honest, I can, too confirm that ever since that particular update dropped, workspace sounds are messed up.

2 Likes
1 Like

The windows update apparently causes audio issues. It’s just odd that only roblox is affected for me :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve tried to uninstall that problematic update (KB4515384, as it somehow managed to break the start menu on my machine), and despite this, there is little to no change.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, I think I can reproduce the issue now.

3 Likes

Thank you! I reinstalled roblox and it didn’t fix the issue, unfortunately

1 Like

Hi! I just want to say I was having this issue while developing too. It seems to have had issues before the update as it started for me a week ago but now my friends are having similar issues.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

What I am seeing is that enabling audio enhancements on the audio output device causes problems with panning in Windows 10 1903.

Please try disabling this in Windows 10 using the OS UI ( Settings -> Sound -> Sound Control Panel -> Playback -> {Choose your output device} -> Properties -> Enhancements -> Disable all sound effects) and let me know if that helps.

8 Likes

When trying this I do not see the enhancements tab…

1 Like

This appears to be a known issue with Windows 10 update 1903. See ’ Audio in games is quiet or different than expected" at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#701msgdesc

1 Like

I uninstalled realtek drivers and now I can see the enhancements tab

1 Like