Would adding wine to my restaurant be in breach of the Roblox TOS?

It may be blown out of proportion, but the same principal applies. You are taking something against TOS and renaming it so that you can avoid TOS breach.

So if I wanted the game with wine in it to go on Xbox I’d have to change or remove the wine? (Hypothetical, of course)

Wine is not allowed, I clarified in another post that you could rename it as a non-alcoholic grape juice and absolutely make clarify that it’s not an alcoholic beverage,you should be fine. I wouldn’t be so keen on adding a wine as it’s not such a big deal.

1 Like

Discussed this before and we concluded wine is not allowed regardless of context, that being said, if you wanted to add grape juice that is fermented then no one is stopping you.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feedback - Bypassing the 30 Character Limit

Honestly, I’m not sure. When in doubt, find alternatives. An image of a syringe I uploaded had to be taken down because it implies drugs. (It was for doctors in a game.) If an image can be taken down, I suspect wine in a game could as well, though it may be seen as less severe. The fact that it would be in a game, however, may counter this.

I’d not do it.

You can get your game deleted for doing it.

You can also get your account at risk, like an account termination, ban, etc.

Its mentioned in the rules anyways.

Roblox is a kid-friendly game.

Yes, you don’t need Wine anyways. This topic has been brought up multiple times about if adding alcohol would breach ToS. It’s a yes, plain yes. Even if you call it grape juice in a curved glass It’s so obvious that it was meant to be Wine. Wine contains alcohol, children are will think that drinking Wine almost every minute is okay and won’t do anything because hey their favorite Roblox restaurant allows it so why not do it?

“Alcohol, alcoholic references, drunkenness, smoking cigarettes, cigars, and vaping are not permitted.” is in the official community rules, therefore you’d be risking your account getting banned.

Well, this is not entirely true; correction it is 50% 50%… If a player does something inappropriate in the developers game and Roblox finds out about it, then that player will most likely get banned, but if there is a bug or something in the game that a player exploits to make the game inappropriate or something against the Roblox Terms of Service, then Roblox may terminate or warn you about the game, so it goes both ways :laughing:

Woah, I don’t understand your comparison, you know there’s a difference between major adult content and the name of a drink, right?

Either way, I just wouldn’t use the model really. “Welcome to Bloxburg” had grape juice served in a wine glass and even stated it was grape juice, but they had to change their model. [See here if you’d like ; Grape Juice | Welcome to Bloxburg Wiki | Fandom]

I guess you could try to put the “non-alcoholic warnings” in the game as long as they aren’t too annoying, but if I were in the situation, I’d just not do it. Maybe an alternative would be just to make juices in regular glass cups so there is no confusion and/or issues further on.