Would this gain much attraction? (Poll)

Game Concept

Recently, I had a concept idea to make a survival game. I am just wondering on if I should put much effort into it, here is the concept I have:

So, I was planning on making a long survival game. I will mix in a bit of horror here and there, too. The basic concept of this game is; you go into the lobby, find a match, join the game, and escape somehow. There will be multiple ways of escaping, however, it will be very hard.

You will have a total of 7 days to escape. Each day will be around 15 minutes long which brings the playtime to at most 1:40h. What makes it hard? The map is huge. The map will mainly be naturistic. The first map will be a forest. Each map will have different monsters roaming around it. Each day, the monsters get more aggressive and more deadly.

As said before, there are multiple ways of escaping. For example, flying away in a helicopter. You will have to explore throughout the forest in different locations to find fuel and other things that can fix a plane. However, the items will be randomly spawned.

There will not be only these items, there will be other items that help you get around the map, too. Such as guns to keep away traitors or monsters, a map, walky-talky, and other stuff. Some areas may be needed to be powered on before you can enter it. There will be a power station somewhere for you to manually power on an area.

Is this a good concept?
  • Yes, totally!
  • Decent idea.
  • Meh…
  • Few game design issues.
  • Not a good idea.

0 voters

Please leave your opinions below!

I AM SEEING LOTS OF MENTIONS ABOUT THE TIME, THE GOAL IS FOR YOU TO ESCAPE IN UNDER 7 DAYS, YOU DON’T HAVE TO WAIT 7 DAYS (AN HOUR)!

2 Likes

if you really want to go into horror you actually have to put a fear in the player by using sound ques and really having them fear the unknown and my friend @JackADevil’s post can give you tips as I use this whenever I try to make a horror game. And just saying you are making it horror and not putting the effort in makes it seem cheap and not polished experience to the player even if its free to play.
Halloween & Horror - Resources / Community Tutorials - Roblox Developer Forum (Also look at real games that exist on roblox such as isle which is a fun but well made game that has horror in it as you dont know where you are). <EDIT 1>
Have a good day! :9)
-Attacky#0213

1 Like

Thank you for the advice!

I was just wondering if I should start fully developing this game. Of course, I will fully game design the full concept including all of the monsters, their abilities, the map, the items, and way more. I’m taking all next week to do that!

1 Like

It seems like a cool idea, but it would be better if the time was shorter. You probably aren’t aiming this game towards kids, but Roblox is generally a kids platform. Kids tend to have short attention spans, so you would probably have to make the time shorter. And even if only a few kids play your game, if they play with people who actually will finish the game, they might annoy those people by leaving early and ruining the game.

Conceptually, it is similar to Isle and part of the map navigation is Piggy-based. I don’t know about that so far. If you can mechanically make it different from Isle, then surf’s up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s aimed towards teens. I am sure some people will stick around.

Ah yes, I just played it. It actually does seem pretty similar. I’m going to brainstrom for a bit and try to think of what I can change!

1 Like

This is basically a remix of the game “Granny” but nature based, and considering that Granny is pretty fun to watch, this game might be a pretty good idea(if you can get it right).

The only thing I see wrong with this idea is the time. I don’t want to wait over an hour and a half just to play a game. I would suggest making some sort of party system for players to join and then get teleported to their own game with other plays who were in that party, a bit like Dungan Quest.

The only similarity to granny is the aspect where you have to find items?

In other words, escaping isn’t the main goal. This is what makes it replay-able many times. There will also be different side-quests that give you badges, too.

The thing is, you don’t have to wait over an hour.

The goal is for you to escape as early as you can if you decide to wait. The hour is just the limit you have.

Also, read the new edit. The goal isn’t to stay until the 7 day mark.

It’s a decent idea because, well, it’s been done before… sort of.

Fallout 4 style games have been done before. Quarantine is my favorite example, and they share similar traits with your game: collect items, and defeat monsters.

Yes, I get that your game is different but the major issue here is player retention. The other reason I chose “it’s decent” option is because let’s pause for moment. Do you think everybody is going to be able to finish this game in one sitting. People are saying that this can’t attract, I think it can if manage the issue of player retention well.

Consider making the game shorter, or having the option to make it shorter. Maybe add a “save game” feature that will allow players to get together at a different time. I plan on doing this for my game, and this should at least minimize the issue.

Sounds like a good idea but often kids won’t devote a long time to playing a game, so unless you are aiming at an older audience (which can sometimes be very tricky in Roblox), I don’t see this game succeeding.

1 Like