Writing an FPS framework (2020)

The end user could edit this and add a second animation for reloading while aiming, similar to COD:MW. After using this framework in-game, pressing the aim button while reloading seems mostly unintentional, but not bad. If you created a way to have the separate animation in, it’d work a lot better.

3 Likes

I didn’t really mention reloading that much in the first place. Although not realistic, It’s possible and easy to disable. my own FPS game has it disabled because it breaks calculations for optic attachments.
edit: it’s probably enabled actually, i have no idea whether i enabled it back after fixing it

3 Likes

Good tutorial, explained some of my questions I had about FPS games.
I’ll make sure to use it in my upcomming projects!

Part 2 plz.

5 Likes

Make part 2 sir. This is a great work and I definitely going to use it

5 Likes

Very nice tutorial lol. I went to check out the place but it seems a bit different from the post. The arms are missing and the aiming is a little off. Could you update it? Thanks

3 Likes

Is there a way to make the weapon be automatically equipped when you enter the game like in Phantom Forces? Also Part 2 please!

3 Likes

Is there an easy method to get the exact cframe value you need for the Aim, Idle, and Equip offsets other than trial and error?

Also, @d_cyph, call weapon:equip("M4A4"), or instead of “M4A4” put the name of whatever primary you want them to spawn with.

4 Likes

just print() the cframe values you need

1 Like

I removed the viewmodel because it was a game asset made by my friend

1 Like

Are you going to update the tutorial with a new pair of arms and fix the aiming?

1 Like

I semi-fixed the aiming a few days ago and added 2 bricks to serve as the arms. i hope you’re happy.

2 Likes

I am. :slight_smile: Thank you for this tutorial.

2 Likes

What font is that in the script editor?

3 Likes

If you’re talking about the colorful one, it’s visual code. Otherwise:

5 Likes

How could I change the pivot point for rotation of viewmodel root part?
This sway doesn’t look realistic (the current pivot point is weapon root part which is near the trigger)
https://gyazo.com/1ba8af0eb8bb6c78820983790cb0b7f1

1 Like

Use the sway to move the gun too, instead of just rotating it.

2 Likes

I cannot animate this thing in blender. How come your test game viewmodel works fine animating in blender? If I try to animate, my objects get named incorrectly, and the wrong object rotates so I cannot see my animation without exporting it and importing it into roblox to view animation every time after I make a change. My rigging is fine and works fine with normal animation editor in studio.

Some of the arm parts are welded to Left/Right Hands and those are the ones that have their name changed randomly and are rigged incorrectly after importing into blender. I saw that your arm also had parts welded so how come it works for you and not me?

2 Likes

You need to spend time replicating the welds inside of blender since roblox import doesn’t carry weldConstraints over, and just name the parts back if they’re renamed

2 Likes

Use welds, not weldConstraints… also make sure that none of your parts are named the same.

1 Like

Hi!,
How do I make it hurt?
Values or in the script?

2 Likes