Wrote an actual Physics engine, thoughts?

You might have seen some devlogs of mine about Physics Engines right? If not, they must be on my profile. Well guess what, I abandoned that project. Yes. But for the good. A week ago I got my hands on Verlet Integration. So I started to make a newer Physics Engine for Roblox Studio. 2 dimensional though. It is fun to make it, until you get stuck on a problem for a whole week. Which, for me was Collision Response.

After a few days of doing absolutely nothing but brainstorming, I got a fine but shabby Collision Response done.

Here’s the outcome.

Welp, too early for me to call that finished. They clip into each other since I went for Circle - Line elastic collisions. I need to firm this out a LOT before I release it.

scuffed

Other peaks of the Engine:

Thoughts? Yes those are guis only. No 3D objects

26 Likes

It looks really nice. I would never be able to do anything like it.
How long did it take you to make it?

1 Like

Around a week to understand the concept and 3 days to make it.

2 Likes

Wow nice. Any thoughts on releasing it when it is polished and complete?

1 Like

Yep, I’ll open source it for everyone else to use.

1 Like

everytime i see a gui pyschics game i request this

make people play ground if you can

2 Likes

that would be so cool if somebody did it

I did infact start yesterday :slight_smile:

The feeling when this worked is just unexplainable by words, tears of joy… :slight_smile:

I FINALLY DID IT. AFTER A MONTH OF WORK. THANKS TO THIS HEAVENLY ARTICLE: A Verlet based approach for 2D game physics - Math and Physics - Tutorials - GameDev.net

Releasing soon! :+1:

3 Likes

Thats so cool! I can’t wait. Sometimes I have doubts if certain games will get famous…
But this, I have no doubt.

2 Likes

Rigid bodies can now have motors :wink:

1 Like

woooooooooooooooooooooooow man! IS JUST BLOW MY MIND, MAN HOW, HOW U DID IT? WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Well its just math (verlet integration), you can read more about it on the wiki, since its quite a large topic. I also made a post explaining how I made it:

Okay, thanks! Maybe i try to make my own 2d engine

wat the