X-Ray Effect, Need Help

I’d like to achieve an xray effect which shall be similar or identical to the one in Lego Batman 2

However I can’t find or come up with any good way of doing this so that all players can see the same thing. (It has to be lag free)
I’ve searched for similar posts & all I can find are highliting systems which isn’t what I’m looking for.
I know that a semi transparent material and glass on top of it makes it see-through which is also not the solution I’m looking for since it would become way to part intensive & perspective would break the illusion completely.

Here is a reference image to what I am talking about
IMG_20210404_101052

extra

I think there’s many solutions to this so the more the better I guess even though I said that I didn’t find that as a solution.

1 Like

Alright cool I’m just going to use the only way i know how for now since nobody cares.

you can make an xray by making a portal like here Re-Creating a Portal Effect, - #44 by EgoMoose

Here is a method you can use, it might be pretty laggy if you can move your x-ray around. But basically you make a copy of that block, make the current block invisible, and then negate a circular region in the block. The same block you are using to negate, put it in the same location but change the transparency so it is somewhat see through. Here is the negation script api.

There is an X-Ray module that is in the community resources. It may be of use to you. It does highlight, but it also allows you to see other objects through walls in color.