Xbox cannot chat?

I want my game released for Xbox players, but will PC users and mobile users have their chat disabled too? Roblox Xbox guideline says:

No blood / gore
No intense violence
No profanity / offensive language
No gambling of any kind (or encouragement thereof)
No alcohol / tobacco / drug reference or usage
No in-game messaging (text chat)
2 Likes

I think that only Xbox players were unable to speak in the chat, because of the limitations of the Xbox, but, I think that Mobile and PC players will be able to speak in the chat, there are several games with this example, re-thinking, I just think.

So roblox will not disable chat for pc and mobile players, only xbox players, right?

Correct. XBox/Console functionalities have a limit

1 Like

Also for roblox to stay on xbox they can’t have any chat because of microsoft’s guidelines. This video goes over it more.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think players have never really been able to chat on there, apart from MM2, that’s the only game I know of that lets you speak in chat on xbox. I haven’t played on xbox one since 2016 or 2017 though, there may be other games you can speak on, but not many.

Xbox is odd but the reason they don’t have chat is probably that they want Xbox players to use parties and they also don’t want Xbox players to be lured out from Xbox to a 3rd party website. Also because Roblox has an E10+ rating on Xbox from what I believe if they add chat back in it can make their game either unrated or M17+ which would cause Roblox to lose its COPPA seal. I also know that most Xbox games don’t have chats and if they do they are most likely owned by Microsoft who has the resources and systems to moderate messages accurately.

X-Box unfortunately has the chatting system disabled. This is so Roblox can follow Microsoft’s guidelines.

Basically, X-Box has a game rating system. I believe Roblox is rated 7?

If someone bypasses in chat, that is obviously against Microsoft’s rules as the game is rated for under 7.

Please do not attempt to bypass this rule with custom chats, this is against Roblox’s T&Cs and can get your game took down.

With that being said, hope this reply can help. Have a nice day, and good luck with your game!

I recently found this particular page that might explain it.

But I, Xbox Player, don’t even know how to enable this kind of stuff.