Xenon Streaming Engine - an alternative to StreamingEnabled

I would recommend you create an issue on the GitHub repository, it tends to get fixed faster that way.

It groups parts with the same floored position yes, so technically speaking Xenon is off by a factor of 1 stud but that shouldn’t be noticable in normal gameplay.

I will gladly see if I can make that work, server-side rendering isn’t something I’m very fond of so if I can make that work then I’ll be much happier.

Please define “too many parts”. Is it deleting things outside of the Xenon folder or something else?

i don’t have github :confused:

it deleted almost everything in the Xenon Folder

1 Like

It is supposed to, its only supposed to stream in parts in a player’s radius (set in the configuration).

that’s why I keep getting spawnkilled…

1 Like

Did you put the baseplate(s) in the Xenon folder?

yes, every parts in workspace…

Make sure that only the parts YOU WANT Xenon to stream are in the Xenon folder. It should default to not streaming locked parts so baseplates shouldn’t be affected, but you shouldn’t have baseplates in the Xenon folder to begin with.

Normally my list for what to not put in a streaming folder goes like this:

• SpawnLocations
  • Baseplates
  • “Landmark” structures (models that always need loaded)

Xenon will remove all the parts in the Xenon folder and move them to ServerStorage, where they will stay until someone gets close enough to them to render them. If a lot of parts are “disappearing”, try upping the RenderDistance in the configuration.

1 Like

You saw the message so you can fix it. Why should I create an issue on a platform that I don’t use? Isn’t this why the Post exists? To give feedback and report bugs?

1 Like

As of right now, Xenon doesn’t support any type of instance that has a connection, whether that be a constraint or something else. Eventually, one of the connections will be unstreamed, it will be set to nil, and your constraint will break.

I’m experimenting with Xenon moving parts rather then copying them which could not only fix your constraint problem but also allow streaming unanchored parts.

2 Likes

Hi are you planning to update this?

Ik I’m not part of the convo but why are putting lol after every sentence

What is ServerScriptStorage, exactly?

1 Like

it’s in the explorer panel.
dont mind this its the limit

Uh…

1 Like

If you click the link it sends you to the ServiceScriptService, it’s probably a typo

1 Like

Correct, thanks for pointing that out.

I’ve been rather busy with school recently and haven’t been paying much attention to Roblox projects. If you have any problems with the current version or feature requests then I will gladly plan on implementing them when I get the time.

Just a quick question, from a quick overview, do you think Culling Service V2 performs better then Xenon?

From what I can see, yes. Xenon is currently server-sided (as I never had time to move it to the client), and also doesn’t actually cull anything. It loads entire regions based on only your position where it seems like Culling Service bases it on position AND orientation.

Depending on how optimized Culling Service’s code is (+ real world scenarios) then results may vary, but I would say it’s probably much more performant then Xenon at the moment.

1 Like