Youtube Icon Displaying as Discord on Profiles

Reproduction Steps
In order to reproduce this issue, all you need to do is go to anyone’s Roblox page that has a youtube linked to their profile.
This bug is happening on my own browser which is Opera Version 80.0.4170.72. I’ve also tested this on Microsoft edge and the Roblox mobile app and it persists on both browsers as well.

Expected Behavior
The expected behaviour and what should be happening is a Youtube icon should be displayed rather than a Discord icon.

Actual Behavior
What happens is when viewing a profile that contains a Youtube connected to it. It’ll instead display the Discord icon. However clicking the icon will still take you to the Youtube link as normal.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Any Roblox profile that has a Youtube channel linked on it.
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-11-09 21:11:00 (-06:00)

15 Likes

I can confirm this.

1 Like

I third this!

(not my profile)

It seems like it’s happening to everyone. (my browser is Firefox btw)

1 Like

I can also confirm this

1 Like

Can reproduce as well:

1 Like

Hey all! Thank you for the reports - we will get this fixed ASAP. Thanks for your patience :pray:t4:

11 Likes

Nice to hear that! Hopefully it’s a quick and simple fix, an icon just got misplaced. Does this mean that we might be able to link our Discord profiles/tags to our profile, or was this just a misplacment of the Discord icon?

In a recent CSS update, they updated the social links svg and renamed the class selector from YouTube to Youtube. The backend doesn’t seem to have updated to use .Youtube yet, so it should be a quick fix.

3 Likes

Now I can rickroll more people by getting them to click the Discord icon on my profile.

What I believe’s happened here is they changed the spritesheet and forgot to change the offsets for YouTube. Nice one Roblox.

3 Likes

Im suprised there is a guilded icon, yet roblox hasent added it… really hope they will add it.

I think it has made for groups and games social links for joining servers.

I can confirm as well.

The biggest of big brain ideas. Do it while the bug lasts.

Edit: You can’t put the video link. It only lets you put channel links.

Nope, I have YouTube.
(2) Profile - Roblox

The bug must’ve be patched now.

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

hi sorry forgot to reply but yes this is fixed, let us know if there are any other issues!

11 Likes

hey I believe this issue has cropped up again a tiny bit in the Roblox group social link image where its raised up with the start of what I’m guessing is the WeChat logo since its under the Roblox group icon in the svg

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.