ZonePlus v3.2.0 | Construct dynamic zones and effectively determine players and parts within their boundaries

hello i was wondering how this module works performance wise for lets say for example 1000 regions in a game.

1 Like
zone:setAccuracy()

sets the accuracy for every single zone, is there a workaround? This is very annoying as these zones only need to run per one second, compared to my other zones that need to be precise.

1 Like

Hey Forever, how would i use this to make a part touch another part

How would I get the name of a specific zone? Say I have a zone surrounding the part, and I set the container to the zone. How would I get it to print out the part that the zone is using?

Hello ForeverHD. I would like to contribute to the issue causing the part.Exited to not fire when a part is destroyed.

EDIT: I believe I have fixed the issue. I submitted a merge request to your development branch as instructed.

1 Like

do you know why it does not work when the part(container) is inside a tool? I want to make a tool that can heal a player using a cone as fake light, so when a player is inside the light got healed

@ForeverHD is there away to detect if they already in the zone? not when they enter or exit.

1 Like

I am a bit confused why I should use this compared to my own implementation? does it provide better performance? and if so how?

1 Like

You don’t even share details of your own implementation so how can it be compared? You’re confusing.

couldn’t you just cache them in a table when they enter the zone, and then remove them when they exit?

3 Likes

does it detect parts created local sided?

How can I get the part the player is in (in what zone part) and the player himself?

There’s already a function for the zone.
local playersArray = zone:getPlayers()

1 Like

found this error while using zoneplus (for random point generation)

although, great work!

EDIT: dont make your zones empty, trust me

This is great! thank you so much! I will be using this to create different music areas.

1 Like

Hey, just wondering: can I create mobile zones with this module? Like, let’s say I weld a part that acts as hitbox to a player and then create a zone by using that same part.
If the player starts walking, will the zone move too with the welded part?

I don’t want this, how do I make it so they can die and spawn in the same zone without it ever registering? A zone is a new area with an area name popup and other effects. If they die and then respawn in the same zone it shouldn’t be considered a new area and those effects shouldn’t be triggered.

I seemed to have fixed it with this. I’m a little confused why the second return works, but I’m not complaining.

Hi,

Does anyone know the script to see what zone or part the player is currently in?

Like I want to run a script that will tell me if the player is currently in PartA / ZoneA.

From what I have seen, most things are triggered events , enter , exit…

Thanks for any help!

zone:findPlayer() is what you need.

What is there are 2 zones they are in, meaning there is an overlapping zones and they could be in 2 at the same time? Does zone:findPlayer() return multiple zones?