Account re-linking problem on the devforum

I have two emails: a hotmail and a gmail. My account (this account, SirGelatina) was originally created with my hotmail, and when I joined this forum my email for this account was still the same. I don’t use my hotmail anymore, so I changed my account email to my gmail. However, when I try to access the devforum with my gmail as the account email, I get the following message:

Oops!
You are logged in as SirGelatina but your Dev Forum Account is linked to ReignGS. Do you want to re-link your Dev Forum posts to SirGelatina?
If you re-link, your Dev Forum display name will change to SirGelatina and you must log into this account to access the Dev Forum.

Then there’s a button to re-link or to cancel. If I click re-link, I just says that a problem happened and that I should contact the website’s administrator. Either way, I can’t access the devforum. ReignGS is an alternate account on which I’ll publish my future projects, and its email is set to my gmail. Yes, I tried changing its email, but it doesn’t seem to remedy the situation.

Normally I wouldn’t have problems with just using the email with which the devforum works, BUT my account has already been compromised before and it took me more than a month to notice because I don’t use that email lol

Help is appreciated.

TL;DR
I can’t access the devforum anymore when I my ROBLOX account is set to use an email different than my original one, help please ;_;

It may be experiencing issues because you’re trying to relink one account to the same one. Could you try relinking to ReignGS and then relinking back to SirGelatina?

When I try to log in to the devforum while logged in on ROBLOX as ReignGS I get the reverse error:

Oops!
You are logged in as ReignGS but your Dev Forum Account is linked to SirGelatina. Do you want to re-link your Dev Forum posts to ReignGS?
If you re-link, your Dev Forum display name will change to ReignGS and you must log into this account to access the Dev Forum.

And trying to re-link results in the “contact the site administrator” problem too. Very odd.

I have also experienced this issue and was able to get in contact with Merely who helped me out. Turned out it had to do with having two accounts of the same email, so how about having a look at that?

Edit: rip just noticed this was 5 days ago, sorry.

Well, the problem is still there, so help is still appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, what exactly did you and Merely do to solve the problem? I would indeed like to have both my ReignGS and SirGelatina accounts tied to my gmail, but it seems like I can only use the devforum while SirGelatina is tied to my hotmail, regardless of the email used in the ReignGS account. Btw, I just found out something new: I was wondering if I had more accounts on these emails, and as it turns out, it seems like there are several SirGelatina and ReignGS accounts linked to both my emails. I found this out using the “Forgot username” functionality of the ROBLOX website, which resulted in me getting this email:

You have requested a reminder for the Roblox accounts associated with this email address.
Your accounts are listed below:
SirGelatina
SirGelatina
SirGelatina
SirGelatina
SirGelatina
SirGelatina
ReignGS
ReignGS
ReignGS

That may be why.

From my memory, Merely had a look for me and asked me about my emails. It turned out I had another account linked to the email address, and devforum.roblox.com does not support two accounts using the same email.

1 Like