Buttons don't return to original colour when selected

Recently, I’ve noticed that my buttons don’t return to their original colour after being selected:
https://gyazo.com/7142ae7a71e29af908c9371a52a3d4f4

Instead, they remain as their ‘hover’ colour.

This appears to happen mostly when I instantly change to a different frame (such as a credits page), and to a frame which appears on top of the selected button. This has only been happening for a few weeks or so.

This is what the properties of the buttons are set to:

How come this is happening, and can I fix the issue without having to disable ‘AutoButtonColor’ and scripting the mouse enter events myself?

3 Likes

Try adding a slight delay from when the player clicks the button. If that doesn’t work try disable AutoButtonColor and make your own mouse enter / mouse leave function.

I want to avoid both these options ideally. I was hoping there would be a fix to make them work as they did a few weeks ago.

The delay could be as little as 0.1 seconds so there wouldn’t be as much of a visual difference.

0.1 seconds is quite a noticeable delay when it comes to clicking buttons. It does (sort of) work, while wait() doesn’t, so I’ll probably stick to scripting the buttons if nothing else seems to work.

One of these could be the cause of the issue:

Unfortunately the only way to fix this at the moment would be using the InputBegan and InputEnded events (MouseEnter and MouseLeave don’t really work that well).
However they are subject to the bugs I linked above, so if you really wanted a perfect system you need to do everything yourself with an event like RenderStepped.

2 Likes

Are you saying this is happening due to your scripts, or the roblox core hover colours?

I do think it’s safer to rely on your own ui enter function than Roblox’s ui auto-color. It’s not a lot of work to do either so why not just do it? You could even do one better and add a tweening color and then a very subtle white gradient circle around the mouse’s area to give it more polish than what Roblox currently provides. Remember more control over your own systems is something you should strive for.

1 Like

What I do is just make it so when another button is selected all the other buttons go back to their original color. It kind of helps.

1 Like

Roblox core hover colours

Okay thanks, I’ll go about doing this then