CSG Union, can't apply decal to more than one face

This is something that has been frustrating me greatly, for a easy repro I’ve got two boxes here union’d [size=1]onioned [/size]together. Trying to apply a decal to both faces just deletes the previous one

[center]

[/center]
[center]
In explorer it shows the decals still

[/center]

If it helps any, it doesn’t appear to be deleting the other decal, just covering it. If the background is transparent, this issue will resolve itself. However, this is still something we want to resolve, but it will require a large amount of work and may be awhile.

On another thread, Adaminygum told me this only happened with jpg images and not png images. The thread is 10 months old, so it might have changed since them or this might be a completely different bug. Will using png images instead of jpg images, even if they don’t have transparency on them, fix this bug, or will that not work anymore? Also, how much transparency does it need on the background? A 1 pixel ring around the image, or complete transparency on parts of the image that won’t be on the face?

(also, will we ever be able to export UV maps for unions so we can texture them easily?)

I was using a .png image so I don’t think that’s the case any more if it was ever a thing. I did also try a .jpg but it still doesn’t like it.

Deleted a pixel of a test image in the bottom right results:
[center]It works, however now I’ve got a part missing from the decal :frowning: [/center]
[center]

Flashing colour area is the area I removed in Fireworks
[/center]