DevEx Eligibility Status

It’d be useful if the DevEx page showed if you were eligible or not based on past moderation history.

5 Likes

It’s not something that’s automatically determined. The staff personally look at the account and decide on a case-by-case basis whether someone is eligible or not. They’d have to personally look at every OBC account on ROBLOX if you wanted something like this, and that’s not really realistic. The only way to know whether you can DevEx or not is through trying to DevEx, and the reason for that is because they don’t have enough manpower to pre-approve accounts.

Regardless of how many times you’ve been banned/warned, you’re DevEx requests are usually only declined when you have a history of scamming / fraud. Generally it’s safe to assume that anyone invited to the developer forums is eligible for DevEx because the staff would never let a fraudulent, distasteful person in here.

1 Like

Yeah, but even if they did pre-check if you were eligible, the check would be before you made that 100k, when the whole point of the check is to make sure you didn’t make the money in any shady way, but by actually being a dev

Hrmm, I can disagree a little bit, I’ve seen a few shady characters here, but pretty close to true :slight_smile:

Hrmm, I can disagree a little bit, I’ve seen a few shady characters here, but pretty close to true :-)[/quote]

A few is putting it lightly.

I’ve been declined by DevEx, so yeah.

The main problem is that it costs $20 to test if you’re even eligible or not

And for those who are yet to cash out and don’t have a lot of money, if any in the first place this is a big issue.

They actually let people who sell limiteds legitimately, sell clothing, etc. participate in DevEx too.

What about we just don’t break any rules? :? No moderation history, nothing to worry about.

problem is that many people broke rules when they didnt know any better (i.e. couple of years ago)

problem is that many people broke rules when they didnt know any better (i.e. couple of years ago)[/quote]

Obviously the ROBLOX staff is intelligent enough to see past this. It’s not an automated process, the accounts are reviewed by staff members.

[strike]What?[/strike]

Nvm, misunderstood what you said from the context, I forget that you need OBC for DevEx.

problem is that many people broke rules when they didnt know any better (i.e. couple of years ago)[/quote]

Yup, I got a 7 day ban (my only ban) in '12 for scamming. All I did was one of those “copy and paste this on x hats and refresh your page and look at your robux”.

1 Like

I wonder who was the first user to comment something like that, the person who started it all?

This is a non-issue, the staff takes the severity and dates of your past offences into consideration, if it really is trivial then they are intelligent enough to come to that conclusion.