Find sounds in Studio!

You can now find sounds in Studio, not just on the website! Open the Toolbox, click the dropdown menu, and change the category to “Audio”.

To preview a sound before you insert it, click the play icon beside it.

toolbox-sound-playing.gif

Let us know what you think!

65 Likes

Yesss. This is going to save me so much time.

8 Likes

Didn’t know I needed this until now

8 Likes

Only roblox can deliver something that you didn’t know you really wanted

4 Likes

On the other side, didn’t know this wasn’t a thing. I mean, I figured you might not have been able to hear the sounds, but you couldn’t even look at your own?

@GollyGreg, first they break your soundLibrary plugin, and now they’re making it redundant. Thats just salt in a wound.
(Also, yessssssssss)

1 Like

I love you.

As cool as this is, I have one minor complaint.
When you play one audio then play another, the first playing audio will keep on playing until its over. This is bad if you go to the next page/scroll too far down and can’t find that one currently playing audio.

4 Likes

now just needs to find animations
the plugin editor is very very slow

5 Likes

Yeah, this is awesome (Thanks @Seranok :smiley: ) but I agree with @GuestCapone - it would be good if when you click play on a new audio, the other one currently playing stops.

Edit: Another bug I’ve found, is that if you click play and click stop a second or so later, the audio will still play! Anyone else experienced this?

4 Likes

I’m so happy

What happened to our 6 minutes?

It’s not really related to this topic, so I wouldn’t post about it here, but lately this feature has been enabled/disabled a lot due to maintenance/bugs. Tiered pricing + up to 6 minute sound may still be disabled at the moment for that reason.

coming back on later today

3 Likes

Good point. We’ll look into changing it so previewing an audio stops all other audio.

Thank you for reporting this! We are planning on fixing it.

4 Likes

May I ask, when will ROBLOX begin protecting users privately uploaded content that is now costing them more and other developers are riding off their backs without any punishment. Hence the audio, I love this update, and I love being able to upload longer music for my games (when it’s fixed) but I really don’t like the idea that just anyone can use our content we may now be paying up to 200 Robux for, and all together for one game might be pushing 2000. That’s an investment that right now is capable of being used by everyone publicly.

1 Like

Hhahahahha

2000 robux

I wish.

I’ve spent at least 10 times that on audio that some random person can just take.

1 Like

With a game like yours I have no doubt and to me you uploading all that content right now is provided an entire other person sound for their entire game that you are gaining no profit from and this is why ROBLOX needs fix this and we put our foot down cause I feel like this should be taken a little more seriously, better late than never.

I think the problem is that they’re approaching the problem in black and white. I think they think that as long as you can steal audio that there’s no point in trying to protect it. Yeah some dude can just open up desktop audio recorder or whatnot but that’s a hell of a lot harder than copy+pasting the ID from my inventory. Just that added layer of ‘get off of my content!’ is enough to please me. I want audio to not be playable on games where the owner doesn’t have the audio either from taking a ‘Free’ audio or from uploading it himself.

Yeah - old games will suffer.

No - it’s not worth having my content constantly stolen so easily.

1 Like

In my opinion it’s worth protecting as much as possible because it’s not only the right thing to do but it’s also ethical. Besides it’s not just that, it’s everything we upload from textures, meshes, audio to models and more. All these things are open season laid out on our profiles because we can’t hide our inventories to people we don’t want seeing them. I would feel much more comfortable if there was a way to keep our work confidential.