How to make this without BodyAngularVelocity?

I’m a complete newb when it comes to BodyMovers (which apparently are going to be deprecated) and Constraints.

After about three hours, I finally made what I want, but I include one BodyAngularVelocity in it.

How would I do this without the BodyAngularVelocity? I tried Torque, but no matter what I set the numbers to, it starts slow then spins really fast. LimitsEnabled just cuts off the angle, not the speed. Any guesses?

Does it have to rotate in a physics friendly manner?

What do you mean?

If what you’re saying is you want me to use a script, then no. I don’t want any scripts in this for a multitude of reasons.

Are you relying on that… thing… touching anything, or is it purely cosmetic?

As for scripts, can I ask why?

Hinge constraint with actuator type set to motor

The thing isn’t going to touch anything, no. It’s just a target for players to shoot at.

As for scripts, constraints are automatically built to interpolate correctly on the client. I don’t want a script for something normal physics can do.

Hinge constaints only rotate on the X axis, which only rotated my part around no matter how I would rotate it beforehand. (If any of that made sense)

Thats what localScripts are for. By animating on the client soley by code, i’d argue you have more bandwidth free for replicating things that matter. Don’t involve the server in aesthetics.

This thing isn’t just aesthetic. It needs to be shot at for something that’s also non-aesthetic to happen.

It didn’t

Also its just a matter of aligning the attachments to create the axis you want

Oh rotate the attachments, I was always rotating the part. I’ll look into this.

Create a serverside hitbox. You’ll run into replication inconsistency with such a subtle rotation.

A server side hitbox doesn’t work because the hitbox will still need to be rotated. If it didn’t, then the target itself doesn’t make sense.

Create a server hitbox spanning where the rotated object can ever be.
If you rotate it on the server, latency will make it unhittable unless the player predicts where it’ll be.

Doing that ruins the entire point of what I’m trying to make.

How big is it?

Big enough to shoot at.

I’m trying to mess around with HingeConstraints, but can’t figure it out. Any good tutorials on it?

What I always do is separate out the parts that will be connected and select the constraint so I can see the axis that it will be rotating.

tbh I dont entirely understand how to set it. I just rotate in 90 degree increments… Check… rinse wash repeat.

16%20AM

How do you have that display? Mine looks like two yellow cylinders.

EDIT: HingeConstraint only seems to do one rotate around, instead of a loop like I want.