Neon glow as new effect for bricks

I’d like to achieve the neon material glow without changing the material of it. A new effect that imitates the glow would be quite useful for that. The effect would have its properties like the color of the glow, or intensity/transparency of it to tell how “glowy” it would be.
EDIT: A property of the glow spread would be very useful too.

4 Likes

Would this mean that the part is “back-lit”, or lit even when the surrounding parts aren’t? Or would it add the “bloom” effect where the color of the part bleeds onto surrounding pixels as if it were a bright light source?

1 Like

You can currently do this in a hacky way by using a meshpart that has a partly transparent texture(the transparent areas are rendered as neon glow) but thats totally a bug and hacky and you shouldn’t do that so yes to this proposal

Well, I’m not sure if I’m correct in understanding you, but yes, this ^ would be the case.
Just a glow effect on parts, without changing the brick color, material or any other appearance on the brick itself.

Hmm… I was thinking over it and came to a cool idea.

###What if we could have a Neon material on a brick with ability to disable the glow effect AND the lighten up surface.
That way we can freely choose what effect should be enabled or not. For that case we shall also need glow effect customization options.

2 Likes

replying to OP, glow size attribute seems great too

1 Like

I know, right?
Currently the thing with neons is that when you get close enough, the glow seems to be very small. So an ability to control this in properties would also come in handy.

2 Likes

I support that (: