New Chat System Now Live!

Could I possibly get this feature enabled on 73118875 & 150030118?

Kind regards

@speedydude900 @Nawmis Added those games to the beta.

2 Likes

ROOT

2 Likes

Could this place be added to the beta?

This too? 187659887

1 Like

Thanks!

I also noticed the typo that I reported back in October, it is the MeComamndChannelEchoMessage one wasn’t fixed on the places with the beta on but it was fixed on your SciFi skin (if I recall correctly). (Just fyi…)

My bad! Perhaps the wrong module “MeComamndChannelEchoMessage” should be removed from ClientChatModules.MessageCreatorModules.

@Dummiez @Beac_n Added those two games to the beta.

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/6f653aedeea12404b36af40ebc2e9b20

Just a theory but it could be linked to the player’s character not being loaded yet or that the chat was disabled.

The underscores mean that the text hasn’t gone through ROBLOX’s chat filter yet.

Those underscores stayed for the entire duration that I was in that server.

Does anyone have the latest version, as it seems like the versions i got, doesn’t show up anymore.
The chat is compleatly gone.

Have you tried removing the scripts in the Chat and re-adding it with the default ones?

Anyways, here’s some other things I’ve found with the default chat, if needed. @TheGamer101

My problem is that i’m missing the default one xD

Have you tried going on Play Solo and copying the scripts that appear in the Chat (or do they not appear)?

blob.png

1 Like

They appered there.

I’ve got two questions:

1. Is there any plan to support “%” for team chat? And on top of that, have /t and /team and % show [Team] before the chat like /w does with the players name
  2. What’s the ETA on this chat going live?

Also a bug:

In the client side Whisper module:

obj.MesssageModeLabel

has three s’s

Looking into these. The TextSize error is super weird. Do you know what platform this happens on? Are these bugs you have experienced or do you report errors to a web server or something? If this is consistently happening, could you include the version of the client? You can get this using the version() lua function.

I meant to add % but forgot about it. I will add it because people are used to it, but not show that it works in the help command. I will add [Team] to the chat bar, good idea.

We are turning it on for all games today, we may have to turn it off if it does not go well though.

1 Like

I’ve got another question:

I want to add a prefix and suffix to players names but I have literally 0 idea how to go about this.

The general idea is the prefix and suffix will be able to be different colours to the name itself.

So far I’ve copied the DefaultChatMessage module and editted it to include the prefix + suffix but I have no idea how to get the colour in?

EDIT:
Also, not sure if this is any use to you but I did make a replacement to the [Team] when you do %: ( Based on whisper )

http://hastebin.com/agakanumom.lua