New updates to games are marked as Version 1

Vortex Security had some place update overwrite issues over the weekend and couldn’t revert to the most recent update because, according to the Place Versions on the Configuration page, it seemed to be nonexistent. Which is, of course, not true. The most recent update prior had been 5/22 or so.

This morning, I was told about a group who lost 5 days worth of building because Studio crashed and their latest place versions seemed to be gone. That’s when I decided this really needed investigating.

For testing, I used a place with some previous place versions, but not many. Team Create is not enabled, this bug seems to affect both regular and Team Create games. That way, I could easily tell whether or not the place versions were disappearing. I updated my place, and this is what I was met with:

All version numbers are being set to 1, evidently, which is causing the appearance of updates/versions being lost.

If you encounter this place version issue, do note that going all the way back to Version 1 will have your missing versions in chronological order.

9 Likes

Thank you so much, thought I’d lost it all :smiley:

EDIT:

Oh dear, that’s a lot of pages…

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve already done it now, good to know for the future though :).

The web team is aware of the issue and is looking into it.

4 Likes

This issue has been fixed! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes