ParticleEmitter EmitOn() or EmitAt()

If we’re going to emit some particles, it has to be parented to a part like instance currently. But if I wanted to emit some particles randomly on arbitrary positions, nearly every frame for example, I’d have to set the CFrame of the said parts all the time and it would have a huge impact performance wise on the game.

Instead, I could do,

workspace.ParticleEmitter:EmitOn(Instance Part, int particleCount = 16)

or

workspace.ParticleEmitter:EmitAt(CFrame cframe, int particleCount = 16, Vector3 velocity)

which would make my life pretty easy.

I find myself wanting to add particles to points like where the bullet hit something but, without putting a part at the location it hit, I can’t emit particles at that location.

4 Likes

This feature request is going to be unnecessary once we enable particle emitters in attachments since you can just reposition an attachment before calling Emit.

3 Likes

Isn’t that also expensive when we could just call it with a function like this? If I wanted to emit it at 10 points at once, I’d have to set the CFrame property 10 times and call it 10 times. This seems far too much work for such a simple thing. Attachments also don’t have velocity so I’d need to set the velocity of the part, set the CFrame of the attachment and then call the emit function on the ParticleEmitter.

4 Likes