The ability to disable the physics on unions

So, as some of you may know, the models I make are mostly unions.
and although the new physics are great for certain parts, other parts don’t need the specialized physics, but would instead benefit by being calculated like a part with a mesh on it.

For example:
My M4A4 Sherman Firefly

Union count:66
Part count: 61

Now, It runs okay. I could probably run 4-6 before stuff started to slow down (on my machine)

But some of these parts don’t need the specialized physics (which I have marked by changing their materials to neon)

[spoiler]

(tracks are of course would be mirrored, I just forgot to change their material)[/spoiler]
after going over the model, I have determined that 30 parts don’t need these specialized physics.

Quite simply, A way to either Disable the physics of some parts entirely, or a way to disable the special physics of union parts is a rather needed feature, that would allow me and other users to do more withing the limits of ROBLOX.

Yeah, unions are intensive on performance. We really need to be able to disable collisions completely, so the .Touched event doesn’t even fire.

An option like this would help me a lot with the big game I’m currently working on

Past staff responses have pretty much been “prove it”, so you’ll have to provide an example of a game where union physics are severely hurting the performance and CanCollide = false and Invisible+CanCollide=true bounding boxes around the unions doesn’t work.

It’s ridiculous the effort we have to go through to get this. Wingman8’s thank-you should be enough.

I wonder why the staff needs us to prove that we need something that everyone is asking for, like wtf.

Then just all make a repro place and get it over with? There are tons of requests for it, but barely anyone has delivered a repro where unnecessary CSG physics are significantly slowing down the game.