The Robux exchange rate and monthly cash out limit is increasing!

If I have 250k in group funds pre increase and give them to someone, how much will they get?

Also, if one developer pays another developer 250k through his own account, how much will they get?

3 Likes

$625, the robux was earned before today.

1 Like

Will developers be able to cash out a mix of old and new robux, and will the cash out amount on the various web pages reflect this mix?

4 Likes

I believe the largest unanswered question right now is whether or not group funds were also accounted for when they recorded all the old Robux. Since technically the money in group funds is not on yours or anyone’s who can devex profile, I can see how they may have not included those funds.
It would make sense of course if they did account for group funds as well, but it would be a difficult task on their part to record and keep up with everyone that receives that money if sent through group payout.
For instance, what would happen if a person who has cleared their account of all old Robux, and is cleared for the new devex rates were to receive money from a group payout that still had old Robux?

I guess at this point I’m just waiting to receive a statement about the Robux from group funds before making my next move.

7 Likes

When will the new rates take effect?

1 Like

Couple more examples and some updates.

The Account Snapshot
Each account’s balance was marked (as of yesterday) for that exact R$ balance, this includes any internal finance documentation detailing what is “earned Robux” (side note: I’m working with the finance/DevEx team to create an informative post explaining exactly what is and isn’t "earned Robux, but more on that latter) .
And remember, when you apply for DevEx and get approved you will receive a detailed report on what category each of your Robux fall into. You are free to withdraw any mix of these funds, but old Robux will always be cleared first.

Group Games
Group games are an interesting outlier in this update. Compared to the total Robux value of personal accounts, groups represent a very tiny fraction of total Robux. In light of this information and difficulties tracking the quantity of group payouts we will not be including group funds on the legacy Robux watch list. Whenever these fringe cases occur we want to error on the side of rewarding the developers so as of today all funds in groups will be treated at the new value ($.0035 exchange rate). Gratz to the group folks! Now before you all go out and transfer all your funds to groups, please understand we did the math and its not cost effective.

New Opportunity to Achieve a Zero Balance
I received multiple inquiries about getting to a zero balance now to avoid dealing with any Robux value complications in the future. I spoke with finance and we are going to offer a no cap one time DevEx for every qualified developer over the next 2 months at the old rate. This is a one time account clear for any developers looking to remove old Robux. We are offering this a special scenario and the details still need to be figured out. If you are interested please reach out to either the DevEx team or myself for more information.

31 Likes

What do you mean? If I had 1.65m devex would you be able to take all of that off my hands in one month devex?

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what he’s saying. Clearing out all of the 0.0025 rates in one go. That’s gonna make this so much easier.

5 Likes

Oh, so basically clear all the old rates out at any amount?

1 Like

Awesome! This answered all of my questions.

2 Likes

Are we going to be told in advance how much this zero balance accounts for? I’d like to do it but I know at least some of my robux is from limiteds, and I don’t want to all of a sudden have no robux.

1 Like

So hopefully it will be addressed in the post you mentioned you’re working on but just to clarify here’s a scenario:
Say that I have some random number of R$ (e.g. 34,234) and I cash out 100k in the future with the extra R$65,766 earned as new R$. Would I receive:
A) $250 (old rates applied to whole cash out)
or
B) 315.77 (old rates applied to old R and new rates applied to new R$)
or possibly something else?

3 Likes

Ouch, this was painful. So if I had kept my 2M+ robux in my group, instead of on my account, I would’ve had 2500 more dollars right now?
Uuughhh the regret is reeaaal

11 Likes

I’ve been keeping kinetic code funds in the group for the past 2 months and I love myself so much for it haha.

8 Likes

I can’t even hide that I’m soooo jealous and salty about that lol

2 Likes

When you haven’t even devexed before :upside_down:

5 Likes

40% exchange increase > 30% robux transfer tax? Am I missing something?

EDIT: Yup, I missed something haha. Thanks EndorsedModel.

2 Likes

Will we do this through the website or do we send an email to devex to do this?

7 Likes

100,000 * 0.0025 = 250
70,000 * 0.0035 = 245
It’s not worth it.

7 Likes

It’s only 60 :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be at the new rate