Tintable plain backgrounds

I’m looking for something that I can colour by script, but renders behind all parts.
I can think of a few ways to do this, but in the interest of perhaps learning something I didn’t know, is there a very clean way to do this?
The cleanest way I can think of is a BillboardGUI that is scripted to match the screen size and attached to an attachment that is scripted to attach to the camera.

The TintColor property of the ColorCorrection post-effect should give you the result you want if I understand your question correctly.

That affects everything else too.
I guess that only matters if I want untinted light, but I may very well need that because it could get very dark and flashlights will very likely be involved (and of course best not be tinted near-black).
It’s for a deep-sea game.

ImageHandleAdornment might work too for a slightly cheaper solution (it’s just a textured rectangle in itself):
https://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/ImageHandleAdornment

Are you sure those aren’t deprecated? I can’t find them even in the Advanced Objects menu.

Can confirm they are not deprecated. HandleAdornments have many uses in plugins and also in games, i.e. simulating a cheap bullet line with a LineHandleAdornment.

As far as I can tell, this doesn’t render without a BasePart as an adornee; which is a lot of trouble, since that means there has to be a part that is guaranteed to exist in one position.

Set the Adornee to workspace.Terrain, problem solved.

Well, it turns out that BillboardGui was better after all.
It’s less complicated and less expensive to use as a backdrop, less glitchy too.