What are you working on currently? (2017)

Who knew there are millions of other texture artists making similar things on the internet?
:rolling_eyes:

This is looking fantastic. Here’s some more inspiration for ideas:

2 Likes

Phantom Forces skins need to step up their game

I can’t seem to get scrolling frame working with UiGridLayout :’(

1 Like

Yeah I had the same problem :confused:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/anyone-know-why-my-scrollingframe-wont-work/34028

It’s being fixed though!!

1 Like

Created a grid placement system. Neon grids look great!

Is cookie clicker still in?

Noobs harvesting some rocks. For some reason they have god powers allowing them to walk through pyramids ;O. Also rest in peace individual body colors.

Also, what’s great is that PathfindingService only works in a real world-sized map. So in order to make it work for smaller environments I gotta create my own API… fun!
(unless if I want to scale it up, calculate, then scale back down. maybe that’ll be better?)

13 Likes

Getting SO close to releasing space frontier with filtering enabled. I have it enabled on the test server already - I should be able to release it on the main server within two weeks. It has taken 5 months to convert the game so far ._.

1 Like

Do you have the a scrolling frame with a frame inside it with the grid inside?

Yes

Every person who’s given me feedback on them apart from you has been positive.

From what I gather, they’ll look better than the PF ones, so I’m not too worried.

If you’re thinking of going down that path I wouldn’t scale it up, calculate, then scale back down, I’d have a full sized copy of the whole thing (made of hit-boxes only) someplace hidden and do the calculations on there.

But A* is not terribly complex to implement, making your own path-finding for your noobs is the best option.

1 Like

So. True. @tenal I was able to get 200 humanoids working in a responsive matter in Demented Defense at 30fps using my own A*.

It’s so worth doing it manually. Also you learn something new, which is always nice.

2 Likes

Interesting. Why did you decide to make your own pathfinding algorithm? I’m assuming you didn’t make a bunch of mini humanoids, so wouldn’t pathfinding service have worked just fine for you?

It’s stuck to a 4x4x4 grid. If it was 3x3x3 it might have been okay, and 2x2x2 would have been perfect. Sadly there isn’t an option to change voxel size, so I went ahead and did my own AI and it was well worth it.

1 Like

Been quite interested by the concept of RPCs in network programming lately. While I think Roblox’s networking APIs are great, I prefer something much more streamlined and simplified. Thus, I whipped up a great fluent wrapper for RemoteFunctions/Events.

Looks like this:

1 Like

If you don’t like my camos and skins that’s okay, but it’s not okay to insult me over it because of that. Please get back on topic :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I find your skins aesthetically pleasing :slight_smile:
Adding content to a game is never a bad idea.

3 Likes

Lol I suck at 3D modeling still but I’m working on a sword

4 Likes

Not Roblox related, but I finished filming editing some random video.

2 Likes

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

1 Like