“Error while receiving data, please reconnect"

Anyone know what this means?

Happens randomly to people who win a round in my game.

7 Likes

Could you maybe explain or elaborate on the code that’s running upon a player winning?

2 Likes

Some malformed packet was received, and disconnected the client to be safe. This is on Roblox’s end.

6 Likes

I’ve been having this as well in some of my places, fairly sure the issue lies on Roblox’s side.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been having people asking me about this problem in my game too.

2 Likes

I’ve received this error as well. It is something on Roblox’s end because there’s nothing wrong with my code.

3 Likes

I’ve also experienced this bug in many different games. An easily reproducible way is to spam equipping multiple tools and then let someone else kill you and while you’re changing tools, the server will kick you and the same exact message will appear.

4 Likes

Ok, when it happens in my game, in only happens when you win as certain roles with weapons, doesn’t happen when you win as the weaponless role, so it’s gotta be something to do with tools. One step closer to figuring it out.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this bug too, but I don’t have a reproducible case for it.
If anyone can get it to happen 100% consistently with a simple reproducible case, make a bug report on it.
I have to imagine this bug has something to do with joints.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was successfully able to reproduce the issue using this description.

7 Likes

Bug is now reported here:

2 Likes

I think we’re able to prevent it by clearing the backpack and character of all tools right before calling LoadCharacter, I got that to work when I edit your repo.

6 Likes

Thanks! This will fix a bug in my game.

1 Like

Actually, that’s exactly what I did for my FFA game, once the player dies, it will clear their inventory instantly and revert their mouse cursor icon to normal to remove the ugly “Reloading” circle.

1 Like