☑️RoVote Polling

Prologue

So I’ve noticed that groups have a huge problem dealing with voting. Polls are an important tool in making decisions as well as reaching out the players. Outside of the developer forums there is no support for polling on the website. The two main solutions I have seen so far are either obfuscate some sort of straw poll link the group shout and pray that the auto-censors don’t eat you alive, or to quickly throw together some dirty gui or other system that is sketchy at best.

:ballot_box_with_check:Rovote

This is my solution. A nice and clean gui with a built in poll creator. Options include limiting voting to certain groups as well limiting voting to only certain ranks within said group. After a poll is created a poll code(Two random animal names) is given so that people can access the poll.

Epilogue

My hope is that this will make it easier for groups to conduct polls. If it get used a lot then I’ll add more polling types and more options for people to use. Otherwise this was a great practice exercise in Gui design.

11 Likes

Pretty cool! I see some great uses for this in the future.
AardvarkPeafowl

3 Likes

Although this is cool, it’s a huge issue that you can spy on any poll made on your system.

1 Like

If you restrict it to group only then you that shouldn’t be the case.

I’m saying that you (the creator) can see polls made by anyone.

2 Likes

Oh well yah. That kinda the case with most services. You are trusting them with your data and pass and everything else.

The issue i see so far, is if you use numbers in the options.
Your text get hashed…

That can’t really be fixed since any user input, including input stored in a datastore, must be filtered when it’s presented to players.

1 Like

True, just pointing out a issue :wink:

Fair. The only real solution I could think of is to open-source the place so that A) users can make sure that there’s no backdoor in your code and B) so that groups can host their own servers.

But whether or not you want to do this is up to you.

2 Likes

i think i’d be inclined to use this if i could embed the polls into my own game, sending players out of their way to cast a vote and also typing a code correctly in a different game seems like it would be a turn off to a majority of my hypothetical players, i know i wouldn’t go out of my way to cast a vote like that

3 Likes