๐€๐๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ ๐‘๐š๐ฒ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฏ๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ

๐€๐๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ ๐‘๐š๐ฒ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฏ๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ
๐›๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐—๐š๐ฒ๐๐Ÿ

๐„๐ฑ๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ

1. How to properly require module without getting errors.
local AdvRaycast = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):WaitForChild("AdvancedRaycast", nil))
  1. Basic raycasting
local AdvRaycast = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):WaitForChild("AdvancedRaycast", nil))

AdvRaycast.raycastWithBlacklist(Vector3.new(0, 0, 10), Vector3.new(0,0,0), {workspace.Part}, "Example")

๐ช & ๐š

1. What is a โ€œAdvanced Raycastโ€?
    This is a simple and optimized tool to raycast in special or even ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ญ ways.

2. How do I use it?
    Its actually very โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹, you can use it like a normal raycast from roblox. But you can raycast patterns like ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™ฏ๐™ž๐™š๐™ง curve, or ๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—น wave

3. Can it store raycasts in a table?
    Yes.

4. Can it get a specific raycast by itโ€™s name from table?
    Yes.

5. Can it raycast a viewport?
    Yes

6. Can it show all raycasts?
    Yes

7. Can it make a ๐’ธ๐“Š๐“‡๐“‹๐‘’ raycast?
    Yes

๐ƒ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐‹๐ข๐ง๐ค

โฝแต—สฐแถฆหข แถฆหข แตสธ แถ แถฆสณหขแต— แต‡แถฆแต แต–แต’หขแต—โพ

16 Likes

Hi 1Xayd1!

Can you provide any screenshots or videos of your feature in operation?

Thank you!

5 Likes

This is my first time creating something for the devforum. Yes, I should have provided some screenshots.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting could you provide some script examples I would like to try this module out soon

2 Likes

Fixed some code, prob going to fix viewport as it was taken from old module that I made and it didnโ€™t work.

1 Like

Thatโ€™s cool, but you havenโ€™t showed that! Currently, this is just a worse raycasting system than Robloxโ€™s. Could you show those features?

2 Likes

It uses the standard Roblox raycast, but with fast smart functions that you can use in your games.

1 Like

Is it able to use shapecasts? Introducing generalized shapecasts

Iโ€™m guessing if the curve was a fixed curve you could make a MeshPart that shape and resize it for length, but if your version makes curves between points that sounds pretty sweet.

1 Like

It makes curves between points, but I can edit some code to make it work with shapecasts

1 Like

Nice!
Just thinking it would add to the functionality in case someone wanted a different shape than what youโ€™re already offering. Maybe even a visual hitbox of their mesh shape like you offer above in note 6.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, it stores all raycasts in a table. And you can get specific raycast from that table, or delete it. Also you can delete all raycasts from table at once.

1 Like

This is a really good module, I did a few benchmarks and most of the time it came back as faster then robloxโ€™s version Do you have any other modules that are alike this one?

Maybe I will make one for fast UI animations.That will be easy to set up, and mess around with it.

We definetly need Tutorial Vids to show how every type of stuff works like you said (viewport etc.)